• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Friday 4/10/15; warmth and rain forecast

ScottySkis

Morning nice groomed in Roxbury platty today . good good snow base tommorow Get out to Catskills for one fantastic spring day .

Cannonball

I'm definitely hitting Cannon tomorrow. Looks like temps and the sun will soften things up by late morning/noon. I have high hopes for a stellar spring skiing day tomorrow.

Tomorrow will definitely be better than today and is shaping up to be excellent. Sounds like we have a great group of AZers showing up too. At the Woodstock right now grabbing a couple growlers for the parking lot. If you're into that kind of thing....

prsboogie

Anyone headed to Sunapee tomorrow? Going to be there with the groms might be the second to last day out. If everything holds out we are planning to hit up BW on Sunday the 19th, will be the last day with the kids and my birthday present to myself 😉

drjeff

Mount Snow was soft and spring like today on the Main face and Carinthia, but even at 3:30ish the North face was still firm and hardly softened at all today - still really good coverage over about 98% of the mountain

Kleetus

Killington is soft on the Bear / Skye side, and quite fast and firm on the K1 side.

Can concur. Met a family up here for a last minute weekend trip and OL and the Fiddle were nice today...did one run on the K1 side at the end of the day and would have been better off on skates...at least on Superstar...tomorrow will be good

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

chuckstah

Any walking or grass skiing on the Fiddle? It was getting a bit narrow in one spot last weekend, but skied great nonetheless. K is an option for tomorrow.

Scruffy

No walking on the Fiddle. Just need to pick your way down in a few spots. Devils Den was good. Get it tomorrow though, it won't last much longer. OL has plenty left.

chuckstah

Thanks, trying to decide what skis to bring if I pull the trigger. I didn't think the fiddle would make it this long from what I saw a week ago! Rock skis will be along for the ride.

dlague

Cannon was rough this morning. Delayed start while they re-groomed the mountain. Lower lifts opened around 9:10. Then they had staff making personal warnings to each customer about the need to stay on the groomed and not duck any ropes. This was very good advice. Everything was solid. If not for the grooming it would have been unskiable. They still had groomers working some trails when JDRoma and I bailed at 10.

The my son and I took over for them. Gary's skied ok, zoomer was a little sketchy middle ravine and lower hard scrabble wind blown and ice but skiable. We then went to tucker brook and went in the woods over there. Skiing with a 12 year old opens the imagination. Parkway was good we hit that several times. Avalanche was not bad around 2. Stayed cloudy and cold the while time. They opened extension which we took to get to avalanche. There many scary skiers and snowboarders that seemed out of control. We took what Cannon gave us.

ScottySkis

High 61 deferess oh ya.Sunny sunny days today best spring day at Hunter sift hero snow freezer no warm yes meet new forum members and usuals fun place nwhat way to end Catskills season of lift service oh thanks for wonderful weather today.

Savemeasammy

K-Mart was pretty sweet today...although I'm sure pretty much everywhere was

I'll be there tomorrow. Other than bear, where were there good bumps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scruffy

Bear had the most bumps as they needed to groom the rest of the mountain after Friday's rain event. Seeded bumps on the skiers right side of Highline. Also a small patch of seeded bumps on mouse trap. Usual bumps on the right and left side of super star.

Kleetus

Bear had the most bumps as they needed to groom the rest of the mountain after Friday's rain event. Seeded bumps on the skiers right side of Highline. Also a small patch of seeded bumps on mouse trap. Usual bumps on the right and left side of super star.

Highline bumps were the pick for me. Also bumps in the woods of Big Dipper were good...especially near the snowguns.

VTKilarney

What a difference a day made at Bretton Woods. They did a great job grooming on Saturday during the early morning hours, but everything else was just a sheet of ice. Sunday was an incredible day. Corn snow galore. I don't fancy myself to be a good bump skier, but even I found myself seeking them out.

Now that I have gotten back into skiing in earnest this year, Bretton Woods seemed SO much flatter than I had remembered it. I was definitely not happy on the groomers because of this. But Bretton Woods is a great place to practice glade skiing and bump skiing, which is exactly what I focused on.

ironhippy

Mount Saint Anne in Quebec had pouring rain on Friday, Saturday only groomed trails were open. The south facing ones softened up nicely, but the ungroomed stuff stayed firm.

Sunday the sun came out and everything softened up and skied great. They lost a bit of snow (by next weekend they will have to start closing woods trails due to lack of coverage in the choke points) but they still have a lot of snow left. They should close with the northside 100% open again this year.

57stevey

Sunday was an incredible day. Corn snow galore. I don't fancy myself to be a good bump skier, but even I found myself seeking them out.

+1... I was having fun on Agassiz and in those glades off Avalon, but I will say I was wishing for a shuttle bus back to the Zephyr!