• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's done for the season

catsup948

Done for the season. Quick recap

36 Days (Most since 09-10)
20 Days NH, 12 VT, 3 ME, 1 Canada
"Home" Mtns this season: Cannon 5x, Pats Peak 4x
Cost/visit: $19.77/day (just ski ticket cost---I don't dare calculate gas/beer/food/lodging into the equation!)
Days by Month: 3 November, 7 December, 7 January, 8 February, 8 March, 3 April (pretty even split bookended by the shoulder months)

Got my son on skis at 21 mos....we had a fun season together getting him used to being on snow and getting geared up! Next season we will take even bigger strides!

Longest lift served season ever for me (started a week earlier and ended a week later than I normally do)
Started 11/15, Ended 4/20
Went at least once every wknd since the season began....a couple times I had to really push to make the drive somewhere to keep the streak going!

20 unique mtns which I think is also a record for me
2 new to me mtns (Owls Head, Middlebury) Hit both under less than ideal conditions/available terrain but saw enough to want to go back someday.

Re-discovered mtns after a long hiatus (Bretton Woods: Had been 20 yrs since I was last there. Didn't have much open but I can see the appeal as a nice family spot/intermediate heaven. Will be back early season next yr.)
Cranmore: There on their $9 founders day special....nearly the entire mtn was open and we had a good time. Had been about 10 yrs since I was there.

Memorable Days:
11/23 Okemo: Amazing spring day in November with Catsup948. Okemo had a ton of terrain open for that time of yr and we had a blast. Tom's Loft post ski was a treat too!

1/27 Pats Peak: SaveMeASammy and I ripped up Pats on a great powder day where we had the mtn to ourselves. Mass Driving Ban thank you! Super Secret Off Map glades at Pats?! Oh yes!

1/28 Ragged: Ravine on the day after a powder day...100% open...lots of fun!

2/6 Black Mtn of ME: Catsup948 and I went back to Black on a mini powder day and again sampled the tremendous glades they have up there and great community vibe and $15 tickets. Great start to the AZ Summit.

2/7-8 Sugarloaf AZ Summit: Always a great time...skiing was hardpack all wknd but we had fun in Brackett and of course the Widowmaker!

2/15 Crotched: DHS and SaveMeASammy and I had what I would call my best day of the season...and top 5 in the last 5 yrs or so. Very deep on trail and even deeper in the woods all untracked. DHS gave us the grand tour. West Ledges, T Bar Line, etc. Crotched packed a tremendous punch that day and gave me a real appreciation of what is possible there on a great snow day. A day I will think about all summer for sure!

3/7 Cannon: Awesome day with DHS. My 1st time to Mittersill/off map woods. We hit Tramline in great conditions.

3/15 Bolton Valley: Catsup948, MadMadWorld, and I skied BV on a sneaky 6" powder day. Great trees on and off map.
Other than the run out BV can deliver some really fun lines and is well worth a visit.

3/16 MRG: Catsup948, SaveMeASammy, and crew hit up MRG on a very special day. Hardpack on trails but glorious in the trees. 1st run down Paradise in my life and the reputation is well deserved.
Trees skiers left of Paradise no joke and humbling as I'm on my ass in certain sections just hoping I don't seriously injure myself.
As Catsup948 put it, "MRG on a good day is like a drug and I'm a junkie...I just need more and more"

4/12 Cannon: Great AZ crew (DHS, PuckIt, Cannonball, JDMRoma, dlague, fcksummer) for my final Cannon day. Warming into the 50's, bluebird, soft bumps, zoomer bar...just tremendous.

Season Long Memories: Meeting/getting to know better the many great AZ'ers on the forum. Makes skiing in groups much more fun when we push each other and we learn about new areas on the mtn we may not venture in solo.
I love the passion everyone has for their "home mtn" and the local knowledge that is so key.

Great write-up Chris!

boston_e

I never did get that last late April day in. At this point I can pretty confidently say I'm done. Closing it out at 27 days this season.

dlague

Well we have planned tomorrow and Saturday at Killington and Sugarbush. More days hopefully at Jay and Killington. Want to get to fifty and will be at 49 on Saturday.

dlague

It is sad these days to drive up the 93 while going to work. I used to see lots of cars with skis and now nothing.

Quietman

Have done 3 earn-my-turns at the Crotch, after attending closing day at Mt Snow. Web cam looks like I can still ski 60% of the way down, so I will probably do my 1st May turns tomorrow.

wa-loaf

Don't be a siss. There's another month to go at least.

Would if I could, but kids sports, work,, etc. dictate the end of the season. Once the kids are out of the house though I'll be hitting it into June again.

Quietman

Did what will probably be my last turns yesterday. The hike was warm and the turns were soft and nice. Till next year.

Here's what is left
c1.JPG

Terrain park
tp.JPG

Looking down
c2.JPG

Last tracks
c3.JPG

WWF-VT

I skied this weekend at Sugarbush and now done for the season. My season started in late November and ended in early May.

Jcb890

I hate to post in here and submit to the Spring/Summer, but I don't know if I'll get back out there again this season. Maybe 1 last trip to Killington in the next few weeks, but we'll have to see. I've already been pushing off cleaning up the yard and other house activities to do spring boarding, so now it is time to get the house in order. Plus, we've got all sorts of plans coming up now, so who knows what there will be for time.

If this past Saturday was my last of the season, I'll take it.

I started my season January 31st and ended it May 2nd.
I got in 13 days of riding, so not bad.

Next season I'll get a pass to Wachusett and be able to go at night during the week. Hopefully I'll get my total # of days next season into the 30's at least.

Cannonball

Last week I was really bumming out to admit that I might be done. But sitting on the beach in Portugal today made me realize how ready I am for summer.

Attachments

• 1430852867036.jpg
    1430852867036.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 55

JDMRoma

Last week I was really bumming out to admit that I might be done. But sitting on the beach in Portugal today made me realize how ready I am for summer.

Well that doesn't Suck ! A little crowded though........:)

deadheadskier

Staff member
curious why Fridays? Unless that's your day off. It's not like it's that busy on the weekend this time of year. Even "busy" at Killington on a sunny day in May isn't bad at all.