• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak Wins

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
This quote is rather confusing...
The US National Weather Service snow stake at the top of the highest mountain in Vermont, Mount Mansfield, home of Stowe Mountain Resort, read 7 ½ feet as of April 9, 2015, a record amount for the season and far above the seasonal average.

Not even Close to a record "amount". 2000-2001 had 132" at the stake. And 20" above the average is good but not really "far" in my mind. This year actually match 2008-2009 very closely.

2015vs2009_zps8qgntbgs.jpg

Yes we had a better than average year, but a lot of that was due to the consistency of the cold. No thaws for 2 months can do wonders for keeping (and adding to) a deep snowpack.

mbedle

If ever there was a time to bring snowlover back, this would be it. So much fun.... As far as the record amount, I think they were trying to say that its a record amount just for this season.

C-Rex

They are saying they have the record for the most in the US this season. Jesus, you semantics Nazis are ridiculous. Relax. Good for Jay, and good for New England. I hope next year kicks this much ass. For now, I'll have a couple more days on the snow, then on to mountain biking, fishing and golf. :)

fbrissette

To borrow from the internet, here are a few things I trust more than Jay Peak snow reports:

Mexican Tap Water
A Porcupine With a “Pet Me” Sign
A Fart When I Have the Flu
An Elevator Ride With Ray Rice
Taking Pills Offered By Bill Cosby
A Bigfoot Sighting
A Palestinian on a Motorcycle
Gas Station Sushi
Brian William News Reports
Pete Carroll Coaching Decisions
Loch Ness Monster Sightings

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Killington Resort, supplementing their nearly 200 inches of natural snow with efficient snowmaking,

Does anyone else find it funny that in a press release about record breaking snowfall/snowpack, the 5th sentence is about Killington and their 80% of normal annual snowfall?

And yes, I realize it was promoting their skiing until June. I just see humor in the marketing spin.

BenedictGomez

I know but that make no sense. In that case every season would be a "Record".

It makes perfect sense, you're reading it improperly.

To borrow from the internet, here are a few things I trust more than Jay Peak snow reports:

Mexican Tap Water
A Porcupine With a “Pet Me” Sign
A Fart When I Have the Flu
An Elevator Ride With Ray Rice
Taking Pills Offered By Bill Cosby
A Bigfoot Sighting
A Palestinian on a Motorcycle
Gas Station Sushi
Brian William News Reports
Pete Carroll Coaching Decisions
Loch Ness Monster Sightings

Yeah, I mean, maybe it's true, but given Jay Peak's past it's like trusting the big bad wolf because he claims to have reformed.

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
This quote is rather confusing...

Not even Close to a record "amount". 2000-2001 had 132" at the stake. And 20" above the average is good but not really "far" in my mind. This year actually match 2008-2009 very closely.

2015vs2009_zps8qgntbgs.jpg

Yes we had a better than average year, but a lot of that was due to the consistency of the cold. No thaws for 2 months can do wonders for keeping (and adding to) a deep snowpack.
They could have replaced the word "record" with "peak" and it would have made a little more sense.