• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is the Stowe hotel with the awesome, free breakfast included with the room?

frapcap

Yeah, thats a little vague, but if you've stayed there, you know what I'm talking about.
Its a place that has a proper hotel and in the back, a very cheap 'motor inn.' Its right off RT100, possibly on 108, but not very far down.

The rooms in the motor inn are older and reasonably priced, but the huge and full breakfast were outstanding. The breakfast room looked kinda crummy, just some banquet tables in a large, dimly lit room, but the food was top notch. Not just some continental breakfast- full chafing pans of bacon, sausage, pancakes, eggs Benedict, etc- included with your stay.

We stayed there a few years back and I vowed to never forget its name but, well, that happened.

I'm thinking its either the Golden Eagle or Town and Country?

Last edited:

frapcap

^ You're abolutely right. Its was the Town and Country.
I'd remember those "Pool and Tennis Court Rooms" anywhere. They're more like a motor inn, but with that fancy name, I couldn't find them easily on the internet. Unfortunately, " Full breakfast included December 20th thru March 21st. Breakfast not included prior to December 20 and after March 21."
That goes for all of their rooms. That sucks.

Might as well stay somewhere nicer for the same price.

C-Rex

The Stowe Motel also does a good breakfast, has simple, clean rooms, and cheap prices. It's a good spot for a quick overnight without breaking the bank.

darent

might be thinking of The Northern Lights Motel, reasonable prices for Stowe with a nice breakfast included, we have stayed there a couple of times while skiing that area and were always happy.

NotEasyBeingGreen

Get on their email list - they often send out good special rates and if I remember correctly those almost always include the breakfast. Right on the shuttle route too. Typically if we aren't renting a house for the trip, that's where we stay. Rooms facing mountain road are better than the ones in the back - FYI

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
might be thinking of The Northern Lights Motel, reasonable prices for Stowe with a nice breakfast included, we have stayed there a couple of times while skiing that area and were always happy.
Stayed there twice. Basic room. Breakfast was better than expected. A complete breakfast. Swimming pool. I just crashed, ate breakfast and left. I'd go back. Almost to the mountain, which means you can save a lot of time on a weekend. Beat the conga line traffic.