• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

$19.54 Lift tickets at Mount Snow

C-Rex

Mount Snow is doing $19.54 tickets for their last day this coming Sunday. You have to pre-purchase online but the weather looks nice so I think I'm going to try to make up there. Anyone else?

sull1102

Probably going here over Sunapee, save the ten bucks if they have a good amount of terrain open.

drjeff

Any idea how much terrain Snow will have open on Sunday?

3 trails and 1 lift ;-) Don't bother going, it will be awful ;-) ;-) ;-)

In all seriousness, probably somewhere between 50 and 60 trails and ACTUALLY 3 lifts - likely the Bluebird, Challenger triple on the Northface and Nitro express over at Carinthia

SkiFanE

Me! Found out I need to grab kiddo at Umass Sunday and planned to day trip from Boston somewhere on Sunday, so it makes sense. Haven't been in 25yrs. I'll find bumps? Can't tell how much will be open from their website today - but I can assume North Face area will be open? Convenient it's cheap too , will place be a zoo? Are NY skiers really as bad as I hear? Hehe.

Savemeasammy

Me! Found out I need to grab kiddo at Umass Sunday and planned to day trip from Boston somewhere on Sunday, so it makes sense. Haven't been in 25yrs. I'll find bumps? Can't tell how much will be open from their website today - but I can assume North Face area will be open? Convenient it's cheap too , will place be a zoo? Are NY skiers really as bad as I hear? Hehe.

For the money, mt snow is a good deal on Sunday. I'll be skiing Sunday - but it will be Killington for me. I've only been to mt snow a few times, but the bumps weren't really all that great IMO... Bear is spinning for the final time this weekend, as will the Skye peak quad and needles eye. If your objective is to ski good bumps, head to Killington. Yes, it's 3x as expensive, but the bump skiing will be 3x better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkiFanE

For the money, mt snow is a good deal on Sunday. I'll be skiing Sunday - but it will be Killington for me. I've only been to mt snow a few times, but the bumps weren't really all that great IMO... Bear is spinning for the final time this weekend, as will the Skye peak quad and needles eye. If your objective is to ski good bumps, head to Killington. Yes, it's 3x as expensive, but the bump skiing will be 3x better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The $ is not really the issue - just how much I can deal with driving. Hmmmm...Google maps says 2.5 to Snow, 1.5 to Umass. I would pay more for bumps, just thinking if Snow was decent I'd save time and $. But I Fricking LOVE K....so now you have me thinking.... I want bumps, no budging!

thanks for your feedback!

drjeff

The Northface was covered in bumps last weekend - I highly doubt they'd burn the diesel in the cats to knock them down for the final weekend since because of passholders complaining that in past years on closing weekends they chose not to spin any lifts on the Northface and not leave us with decent bump options!!

gmcunni

The Northface was covered in bumps last weekend - I highly doubt they'd burn the diesel in the cats to knock them down for the final weekend since because of passholders complaining that in past years on closing weekends they chose not to spin any lifts on the Northface and not leave us with decent bump options!!

nothing to see there, move along... k bumps are the best bumps.

we don't need crazy crowds this weekend DJ

MommaBear

I'll be there for my last day of 2015. In 2013 I was there April 15th skiing naturals and glades. Hoping I'll be able to do the same this year (with rock skis).
The glades were actually skiing pretty well this past weekend. A lot of debris on top of the snow in the Trials (wind/ice storm?) but still plenty of ground coverage. Trees off of FreeFall were still very good.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
The glades were actually skiing pretty well this past weekend. A lot of debris on top of the snow in the Trials (wind/ice storm?) but still plenty of ground coverage. Trees off of FreeFall were still very good.

That's what I was thinking. North Face should be freak'n awesome- it always hold snow amazingly well. I know, northern exposure and whatnot, but still, it seems to hold better than other north exposed areas on other mountains. Main Face naturals might be done though. Yardsale (which has snowmaking) was melted out on the webcam today.