• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tucks on Sunday?

loki357

Looks like an interesting forcast... around 0 degrees, with 6" of snow, and 100mph winds sat-sat night.

but sunday clears up and gets sunny and a little warmer.

It could either be really awesome or dust on dangerous crust... What does everyone thing?

Angus

from the avalanche center...sounds crappy ...Tonight, temperatures will drop as the next cold front arrives, bringing 2-4” of snow on Saturday. Northwest winds with the potential for 2-6” (5-15 cm) total of snow by the end of the storm Saturday afternoon will change things quite a bit. After the warm spell of sunny corn skiing, followed by rain, we will return to wintry conditions Saturday and Sunday with an icy snowpack beneath fresh wind slab.

I'm kind of wondering how Cannon and Wildcat will be to ski Sunday? Sunny but will terrain above 3,000' soften enough?

Farleyman

Tucks was amazing Sunday, put SPF 50 on and still got fried!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

yeggous

Tucks was amazing Sunday, put SPF 50 on and still got fried!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

My wife was there too. She had to go to the eye doctor today with snow blindness. Her corneas got fried to the point of bloodshot eyes, blurry vision, and seeing floaters.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

Wow!
Last year I saw this guy and his buddy crash while I was sitting on a boulder lookers left top of the Chute , just put my camera away , LMAO his Go Pro rolled to the ravine floor

I would love to Tucks one of these days but catching air up there would not be in the plans!