• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fruita Colorado

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com

jimk

Very nice. Makes me want to take up mountain biking. I've never been to Fruita area, but I drove from Glenwood Springs to Park City via Dinosaur, CO and Vernal, UT in February and saw similar high desert ranch country. It is fascinatingly different from the wet, woodsy and heavily populated environment we are used to along much of the East Coast. Must be fun for you to explore different areas.

BackLoafRiver

Very, very nice! I have these delusions of taking a road trip to Fruita this summer with my brother. It's been on the radar for a while. Well...I have to choose between there and Crested Butte. Such different terrain/views from the typical EC root fest.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was just dirtiking/mountain biking and camping in Rabbit Valley a few weeks ago! Actually stopped at Rabbit Valley on a trip back from Moab and returned to the same the following weekend... awesome information!

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
attachment.php

snoseek

Fruita and moab are close enough that they both can easily be done on the same trip. Lots of trial going in at both areas. If in fruita and craving some mountain type aspen riding turkey flats up on glade park delivers without needing to go far. Also grand mesa has some fun stuff for variety.

Last edited: