• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2015-16 Edition

Smellytele

Did you guys see this offer from Liftopia?

Between 12:01 a.m. MST this Saturday Nov 28 and 11:59 p.m. MST on Monday Nov 30, visit gnarbot.liftopia.com, enter your email address and spin the “Gnar-Bot 5000” virtual slot machine for a guaranteed chance to win between $10 and $250 in Liftopia gift credits. Then check your email for the Liftopia gift credit code for the amount you’ve won. Gift credits may be used to purchase lift tickets at www.liftopia.com.

Noticed in the small print that they expire on Tuesday Dec 1st at midnight so you have to use them almost right away which is kind of a bummer. I put in 6 address and got only 3 -$10 and 3- $15. Not expecting but I was hoping for a little more.

VTKilarney

Using a combination of email addresses and credits, I was able to get tickets for my family (of four) for a midweek visit to Mt. Orford. I got two $15 credits and two $20 credits. All in, after the credits, it was a total of about $16 for the four of us to go skiing for the day. Now we just have to hope that the weather cooperates.

Thanks for passing this deal along!

catsup948

Using a combination of email addresses and credits, I was able to get tickets for my family (of four) for a midweek visit to Mt. Orford. I got two $15 credits and two $20 credits. All in, after the credits, it was a total of about $16 for the four of us to go skiing for the day. Now we just have to hope that the weather cooperates.

Thanks for passing this deal along!

I used several emails and got about $80. Just bought a day at Sunapee and Crotched for 5 bucks total! I still have credit left!

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
You can only use one per liftopia account also so you can't lump them all together

You could until about 3 'o'clock today. I was trying to do this for a Killington ticket and succeeded, but then waited for a few more codes to come in before purchasing. By 3:30 they wouldn't allow me to use more than one code at once. Now I'll be getting a million Liftopia emails for my wasted efforts!

VTKilarney

I was able to use two codes on the same account, but I used each code for a unique purchase. I just got an email saying that they are going to be cancelling orders using a second code on the same account.

So far my subsequent code orders are still showing, but we shall see...

It's kind of stupid because even if they cancel the order I can just make a new account and re-use the code.

jimk

Noticed in the small print that they expire on Tuesday Dec 1st at midnight so you have to use them almost right away which is kind of a bummer. I put in 6 address and got only 3 -$10 and 3- $15. Not expecting but I was hoping for a little more.

Glad some of you guys did better than me. I only got one $10 and won't be using it by deadline. Deadline caught me by surprise too, but makes sense on their part. Oh well, it was worth a shot for a significantly more valuable voucher.:thumbup:

VTKilarney

Our two duplicate orders were cancelled. Oh well...

I'll just stick to the two tickets that my wife and I got (one on my account and one on my wife's). The regular rate for the kids tickets at Mont Orford are cheap enough at $14 each. I'll just get those when we get closer to the actual date so I can keep an eye on the weather.

chuckstah

I got a $15 code. Plan is Mad River on 3/17 for $2. ($17 tickets for all) If it doesn't work out no real loss.

VTKilarney

I got a $15 code. Plan is Mad River on 3/17 for $2. ($17 tickets for all) If it doesn't work out no real loss.
That's the way to do it when you have to book so far in advance. My tickets at Mr. Orford were $5 and change after the credit was applied, so if it doesn't work out I won't sweat it. By the time February rolls around I will have forgotten that I even spent the money on them. It's worth the gamble.

catsup948

I just was informed I was getting a refund for both my purchases I made this morning. Seems they won't let me use the multiple codes even though I did it early today.

chuckstah

That's the way to do it when you have to book so far in advance. My tickets at Mr. Orford were $5 and change after the credit was applied, so if it doesn't work out I won't sweat it. By the time February rolls around I will have forgotten that I even spent the money on them. It's worth the gamble.

Mt Snow is also $17 on 3/17, another way to use the codes.

BenedictGomez

Noticed in the small print that they expire on Tuesday Dec 1st at midnight so you have to use them almost right away which is kind of a bummer.

Yeah, that's really lame.

Still a good deal if you absolutely know a date and location you'll be skiing somewhere (and don't already have a SOTC option) but for the most part this is a bogus promotion that banks on people not reading the tiny letters at the bottom of the page, and serves mainly as "free email address collecting" for Liftopia.

reefer

Probably a repeat in a couple threads but happening this weekend so:

Bring a new toy, a new article of clothing or five non-perishable food items to Okemo on Sunday, Dec 6, 2015 or Sunday, March 20, 2016 and ski the entire day for just $39! All donations collected will be distributed to Black River Good Neighbors' food bank in Ludlow, VT.

Please Note: A valid Real.Easy Card is required to take advantage of this lift access offer. If the skier/rider does not have one registered in their name, a card may be purchased for $5.

Jcb890

I guess I missed out on some fun while in Brazil the last couple of weeks.

The wife and I got our VT Ski 3 passes yesterday.

If anyone has any Liftopia codes they won't be using, I'd love to score one. Thanks!