• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whaleback Mountain Updates

MEtoVTSkier

50% off Sunday non-peak tickets at K ?? That's a pretty decent deal right there...

Also...

Special Passes

$99 HS Honor Roll & Achievement. For high school students only. It can be purchased online. At time of picking up pass proof of being on honor roll 1 of 2 previous quarters required. Not on the honor roll, but have strived for excellence or overcome some kind of obstance? Have your guidance counselor write a letter on your behalf!

$99 College. Must be a full-time student. Bring college ID as proof when picking up pass.

$99 Military. For active members, disabled veterans, and military retired. Bring ID when picking up pass.

$30 3rd Grader Pass. Must be purchased at the mountain.

dlague

50% off Sunday non-peak tickets at K ?? That's a pretty decent deal right there...

Also...

Special Passes

$99 HS Honor Roll & Achievement. For high school students only. It can be purchased online. At time of picking up pass proof of being on honor roll 1 of 2 previous quarters required. Not on the honor roll, but have strived for excellence or overcome some kind of obstance? Have your guidance counselor write a letter on your behalf!

$99 College. Must be a full-time student. Bring college ID as proof when picking up pass.

$99 Military. For active members, disabled veterans, and military retired. Bring ID when picking up pass.

$30 3rd Grader Pass. Must be purchased at the mountain.

$99 for veterans hmmmmm might have to consider that coupled with the 50% off at Killington. Although I get the Express Pass for free at least in years past.

jimmywilson69

Good to see that Killington was amicable to striking a deal with a fairly local to them feeder hill. They have nothing to loose by this "partnership" so why not help them out. If I lived in Hanover, this would be a no brainer...

xwhaler

$99 for veterans hmmmmm might have to consider that coupled with the 50% off at Killington. Although I get the Express Pass for free at least in years past.

Dave, living in Concord I'd give WB a shot at that price---easy ride up and good way to keep the legs fresh for Cannon.
Also you get 50% off midweek early and late at Sunapee, unlimited tuning at Golf and Ski warehouse ($100 value right there), and free clinics on Sundays.

xwhaler

The Sunday AM deal got bumped from $15 to $18 but still an awesome value. Can get as much vertical as you'd want in that time anyways.
I've taken advantage of this a number of times the last few yrs as a quick hall pass getaway---works really well.

MEtoVTSkier

Same here, but (Even though I'd normally don't ski K on weekends) 50% off on Sundays, is better than the 25% off Sundays with the Express Card.

steamboat1

Good to see that Killington was amicable to striking a deal with a fairly local to them feeder hill. They have nothing to loose by this "partnership" so why not help them out. If I lived in Hanover, this would be a no brainer...
Yes it's nice of K to offer this deal to Whaleback passholders, kudo's to K. Should work both ways though. I'd take a ride over there to ski a day or so if they did. I'm sure other K pass holders would too. Whaleback would have a lot more to gain from this type of arrangement than K. In fact K really has nothing to gain at all. It's just a good will gesture on their part.

Newpylong

Gotta give props to K for being such a good neighbor here, Sunapee too. With WB not opening until Mid December I am sure both mountains will benefit from passholders looking for somewhere to go early and then late.

WB is working very hard to show value after a disappointing year for them. All the right pieces are in place this year and a tremendous amount of work is happening at the mountain. As long as weather cooperates it should be a great year. I know they would love to see new customers stop by for a few runs and a beer to see what they are all about. I can't wait to try the new glade this year.

Edit: There is a fun event coming up with free season passes up for grabs: http://www.whaleback.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/DASHFORPASS.pdf

Last edited:

steamboat1

I know they would love to see new customers stop by for a few runs and a beer to see what they are all about.
Which is why I say a reciprocal arrangement for K pass holders would be good for them. K has a much larger market to draw from. I'm sure they'd love to sell a few more burgers & beer.

dlague

Free Express Cards for Military

Active Duty, Retired and Honorably Discharged members of the U.S. Military are eligible for a FREE Express Card, plus free skiing on Veteran's Day.

Just present your valid U.S. Military, U.S. Retired Military I.D., a copy of your DD214 form (photo ID required) or discharge certificate (photo ID required) at the Snowshed Sales Center or K-1 Guest Services to pick up your card.

Newpylong

Yes it's nice of K to offer this deal to Whaleback passholders, kudo's to K. Should work both ways though. I'd take a ride over there to ski a day or so if they did. I'm sure other K pass holders would too. Whaleback would have a lot more to gain from this type of arrangement than K. In fact K really has nothing to gain at all. It's just a good will gesture on their part.

Killington was not interested in reciprocating on this btw.

Jully

Heh?????????

It's not Killington who would be reciprocating.

I agree with you there.

Would whaleback lose any money if they offered a similar benefit for K passholders? I could be completely wrong but I feel like if Whaleback offered a 50% ticket discount to K passholders they would only stand to gain a few curious individuals who otherwise would never venture over there.

Newpylong

There is more to it than the actual "deal". Unless Killington markets the mutual benefit to it's passholders the efforts are better spent elsewhere because the exposure won't be there.

I've passed your feedback on. If you would like to see different offerings in the future please leave feedback on the FB page or email marketing@whaleback.com.

Last edited:

dlague

There is more to it than the actual "deal". Unless Killington markets the mutual benefit to it's passholders the efforts are better spent elsewhere because the exposure won't be there.

I've passed your feedback on. If you would like to see different offerings in the future please leave feedback on the FB page or email marketing@whaleback.com.

Doing something with Tenney would be a cool idea!