Whaleback Mountain Updates - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Gotta give props to K for being such a good neighbor here, Sunapee too. With WB not opening until Mid December I am sure both mountains will benefit from passholders looking for somewhere to go early and then late.

WB is working very hard to show value after a disappointing year for them. All the right pieces are in place this year and a tremendous amount of work is happening at the mountain. As long as weather cooperates it should be a great year. I know they would love to see new customers stop by for a few runs and a beer to see what they are all about. I can't wait to try the new glade this year.

Edit: There is a fun event coming up with free season passes up for grabs: http://www.whaleback.com/wp-content/...ASHFORPASS.pdf
    Last edited by Newpylong; Sep 1, 2015 at 1:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    I know they would love to see new customers stop by for a few runs and a beer to see what they are all about.
    Which is why I say a reciprocal arrangement for K pass holders would be good for them. K has a much larger market to draw from. I'm sure they'd love to sell a few more burgers & beer.

http://www.whaleback.com/season-passes-benefits/

Big time pass benefits this year:

Adult Unlimited Pass $299 50% off Killington Day tickets all season with exception of Saturdays and Peak Days. Discounts on Sunapee tickets as well. Among others...
    Very nice. Good job, Killington!
    Live, Ski, or Die!

The mountain everyone loves to hate steps up.

Free Express Cards for Military

Active Duty, Retired and Honorably Discharged members of the U.S. Military are eligible for a FREE Express Card, plus free skiing on Veteran's Day.

Just present your valid U.S. Military, U.S. Retired Military I.D., a copy of your DD214 form (photo ID required) or discharge certificate (photo ID required) at the Snowshed Sales Center or K-1 Guest Services to pick up your card.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Yes it's nice of K to offer this deal to Whaleback passholders, kudo's to K. Should work both ways though. I'd take a ride over there to ski a day or so if they did. I'm sure other K pass holders would too. Whaleback would have a lot more to gain from this type of arrangement than K. In fact K really has nothing to gain at all. It's just a good will gesture on their part.
    Killington was not interested in reciprocating on this btw.

Killington was not interested in reciprocating on this btw.
    Heh?????????

It's not Killington who would be reciprocating.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Heh?????????

It's not Killington who would be reciprocating.
    I agree with you there.

Would whaleback lose any money if they offered a similar benefit for K passholders? I could be completely wrong but I feel like if Whaleback offered a 50% ticket discount to K passholders they would only stand to gain a few curious individuals who otherwise would never venture over there.

There is more to it than the actual "deal". Unless Killington markets the mutual benefit to it's passholders the efforts are better spent elsewhere because the exposure won't be there.

I've passed your feedback on. If you would like to see different offerings in the future please leave feedback on the FB page or email marketing@whaleback.com.
    Last edited by Newpylong; Sep 4, 2015 at 8:18 AM.

There is more to it than the actual "deal". Unless Killington markets the mutual benefit to it's passholders the efforts are better spent elsewhere because the exposure won't be there.

I've passed your feedback on. If you would like to see different offerings in the future please leave feedback on the FB page or email marketing@whaleback.com.
    Doing something with Tenney would be a cool idea!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information