• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whaleback Mountain Updates

Los

Apologies to Whaleback for the derailment of this thread. Apparently a certain interest group thinks it's all about them.

steamboat1

It's all been considered. Rest assured we appreciate ALL military service, past and present - there are several Veteran Whaleback Directors that set policy. The fact of the matter is in the past two years zero (0) veterans (disabled or other) took advantage of the pass even though they were eligible. What we did receive through customer feedback is that active service members wish they could get their family on their pass, so that is what we are doing for this year. We have direct data showing it would be utilized vs nothing on the veteran side.
If zero took advantage of the offer why not offer it again? Makes no sense to me that you are creating ill will because of something no one took advantage of to begin with. Just offer it, according to you it's no skin off your back.

Newpylong

The wonder why no mountains participate in forums like this. Can't please everyone, move along.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
Hope we have a good winter this upcoming season.

Since I have a Peaks Explorer pass I will be in NH quite a bit and I have always wanted to check out Whaleback.

Los

Nothing disrespectful has been said to Whaleback.

Why don't you take your Holier than Thou attitude and shove it up your ass.

lol will do tough guy

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Los

have you tried to shove something up Los's ass? :)

Lol

I think poor whaleback needs to start a new thread. This one has permanently derailed!

dlague

If zero took advantage of the offer why not offer it again? Makes no sense to me that you are creating ill will because of something no one took advantage of to begin with. Just offer it, according to you it's no skin off your back.

I agree! Was it poorly marketed? Were there competing product at other resorts (Cannon comes to mind)? Maybe rather than dropping it, find out why veterans did not take advantage of it. I had considered it but to include my family, it did not make sense.

Whaleback-Mountain

Website
www.whaleback.com
AZ,

Wanted to take a few minutes to inform you on the great set of benefits for our passholders this year. We have people who buy passes just for the discounts. Passes can be ordered online if anyone is interested at: http://www.whaleback.com/season-pass-benefits/ and http://www.whaleback.com/passes/

Of note our 20% pass sale ends 11/11 after which prices will be full boat.

KILLINGTON RESORT: UP TO 50% OFF TICKETS ALL YEAR
Unlimited and Weekday Passholders simply present your season pass at any Killington Resort ticket window to receive 50% off a Sunday through Friday lift ticket or 25% off a Saturday or "peak"/holiday 1-day lift ticket. This offer is limited to one (1) discounted 1-day lift ticket per day, per pass holder, valid any day of the 2016-17 Killington season. Not transferable – for season passholder only.

RAGGED MOUNTAIN 50% OFF TICKETS ALL YEAR
50% off day tickets Sunday-Friday, non-holiday ONLY.

MOUNT SUNAPEE: UP TO 50% OFF TICKETS EARLY AND LATE SEASON
Unlimited and Weekday Passholders simply present you season pass at any Sunapee ticket window to receive 50% off midweek and $10 off weekends from opening day at Mount Sunapee through Sunday, December 20, 2016 and from March 14, 2017 through closing day.

MAGIC MOUNTAIN - UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT 2016-2017
50% off day tickets, ANY day, ANY time, without restrictions!

EASTMAN CROSS COUNTRY CENTER
2 for 1 Nordic Tickets and Equipment Rental discoun

Smellytele

Bolton is at a much high elevation. I was up there last weekend and there was hardly any snow down by 89 and Bolton had 14". Whaleback also makes limited snow compared to just about any place else. Totally a horrible comparison.

Savemeasammy

I'm glad to see Whaleback was able to open some more terrain. Hopefully the trend continues.

Last edited:

Los

Christ almighty - I realize there are reasons for the differences. I'm deleting my post...

Savemeasammy

Fun at the Whale yesterday. It's about as good as it gets!
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1487343691.639749.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1487343708.022500.jpg