• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

dlague

Watching WMUR last night and they showed the list of dates where the latest snowfall happened and in 2000 it was in January. Not sure what that season was like since I was not skiing at that time due to a winter hating ex. I did snowmobile and southern NH sucked IIRC. Hoping this does not happen again.

Puck it

Can we put Billski a temporary ban until his attitude changes since he has so many commitments until after the first of the year. He is bringing the vibe around here.

ScottySkis

Can we put Billski a temporary ban until his attitude changes since he has so many commitments until after the first of the year. He is bringing the vibe around here.

Ha ha I have very few plans to ski winter to but still happy for others that can get out and enjoy skiing snowboarding or what ever happiness the mountains you like to due!

deadheadskier

Staff member

Karma is a bitch. He'll get a dead battery on a powder day for the blasphemous comments.

Puck it

I say we all put Billski on our ignore lists until mid January when he decides to get out of under his rock and ski.

Last edited:

skiberg

Here is the latest I am getting. I don't think this is a surprise to anyone and is consistent with everyone else. Looks like we need to just hope that Christmas week is not a complete washout.

Day 6-10Discussion:

The wheels of change in this case simply mean cooling from near record levels.It is still going to be warmer than normal in much of the central and easternstates, still well above east of the Mississippi into at least early next weekpossibly longer. We do find some small cool anomalies in the west, especiallySW. Canada also cools a little compared to this week. None of this really risesto the level of a winter pattern, it is still more late autumn.

wa-loaf

I don't give a crap about the weather until January 1st. December is always one of those months where you win big or lose big. I'm moving my modus operundi to a start late end late regimen. Ski through the last day. Go for deep. Milk the woods at Jay until the end.
Remember that year when December was big and January sucked? I'll take the opposite. I have so many family and work commitments in December that I miss out every year.

Definitely deserve a time-out for lameness!

BenedictGomez

We're finally going to get some legitimately cold weather in the 10 to 14 day range. Looks pretty certain. Back away from the ledges.