• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

JDMRoma

We're finally going to get some legitimately cold weather in the 10 to 14 day range. Looks pretty certain. Back away from the ledges.

Thank you ....blood pressure should regulate by then

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
They keep pushing that pattern change back every day. Was Christmas, now its mid January...

Soon it will be next December :roll:

You been hanging with Billski? I think you just said "Winter has been cancelled!!"

:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

Bostonian

How about this, I need to buy a new lawn mower for the spring... maybe if I get it in the next week or so, it will piss Ullr off so much, the Great Ullr will have consistent dumps through April?

Tin

f228.gif

526x297-U1P.jpg

WoodCore

How about this, I need to buy a new lawn mower for the spring... maybe if I get it in the next week or so, it will piss Ullr off so much, the Great Ullr will have consistent dumps through April?

Buy 2!

skiberg

Looks like a few forecasts are starting to come into line with at least some downward swing of the thermometer. We are all hopeful, but I am trying not to get too excited yet. Lets see what they are seeing early next week.

Day 6-10 Discussion:

The near record warmth ends and there is a clear signal now of trending colder.It looks strong enough to go well below normal under the upper low over theRockies. But getting below normal east of the Rockies may prove to be moredifficult as I just don't see a bold move east of this feature. It won't likelyhappen next week. Instead some of these 60s and 70s for highs become 40s and50's which is still tame by December standards. The downward trend shouldcontinue but prove to be slow after this period as well.

skiberg

Here is Tim Kelley's take

" perhaps a real dose of winter arrives next week. Seriously... confidence is building that we get into more of a lasting colder pattern, with a chance for precipitation every couple days. Though not guaranteed, odds favor that precipitation being flaky after next Tuesday."

skiberg

I really have no idea what the hell I am doing when it comes to weather forecasting. I just like to see what the majority of forecasters are saying looks "most likely". They have been suggesting a cool down towards the end of the month for some time and as we near it they are refining consistent forecasts, so it sounds like we have a reasonable shot of this coming to fruition.