• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

gmcunni

what does La Nina usually mean for the North East?

i think it means snow???

77777.jpg

snoseek

If la nina comes in strong ill definitely be committing another year out here

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Both GFS and Canuck onboard for a decent storm next Monday. Roughly 7 days out, but the consistency (been watching it a few days now) and cold air to work with looks encouraging.

On GFS it's snow for all of ski country, including Poconos, though it'd dicey, and probably unrealistic given known model biases. On Canadian it starts as rain most everywhere, but changes to a decent snowfall.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Both GFS and Canuck onboard for a decent storm next Monday. Roughly 7 days out, but the consistency (been watching it a few days now) and cold air to work with looks encouraging.

On GFS it's snow for all of ski country, including Poconos, though it'd dicey, and probably unrealistic given known model biases. On Canadian it starts as rain most everywhere, but changes to a decent snowfall.

This would be too little, too late! :(

yeggous

This would be too little, too late! :(

That's the truth. It'd help with whatever groomers survive but that's it. Nothing ungroomed will be in play either the ground already thawed.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

You jinxed it BG. Got our first inland shift right on schedule!

catsup948

This has been on models for a few days in some way. Boy we need some blocking to show up like it has been predicted too. That is probably the difference between 12z GfS, Canadian and 18z runs. Happiness vs. Coffin nail!

mriceyman

I thought any GFS runs for 8 days out this season were a joke...but no complaints if this verifies.
Yea basically but the euro has a similar outcome. Def still far awaw but trying to give everyone a little hope lol

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bdfreetuna

I found where tuna gets his weather forecast from

You signed up for this site in February and have 16 posts.

4766190.jpg

The weather the next couple weeks looks encouraging. Besides the Monday/Tuesday possible storm we should return to frozen ground on bare trails / trees followed by potential for a couple inches here and there prior to the main event (which is why GFS totals are more than just that one storm). Could set up nicely. Let's hope.

mriceyman

Because its ots 5 days out doesnt mean its over.. Lets see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone