Winter Forecast 2015-2016 - Page 58

AlpineZone

Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Abubob View Post
    At least that year snowmaking was viable. Ragged made a ton of snow on Showboat by January as shown in this photo.
    Debris Field by Bob Misuraca, on Flickr

This past weekend there was bupkis - less than bupkis - on that trail. This photo taken two weeks ago show how bad it is.

Unpaved Showboat by Bob Misuraca, on Flickr
    Too bad they make snow and make this a single fall line trail. Looks like it would be a nice double fall line.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Overall, this is very depressing: http://madriverglenweather.blogspot....-how-much.html

I've resigned myself to the likelihood that there will be no late season turnaround, and that 2015-2016 will go down as one of the worst ever for the East. What's disturbing about it is not knowing to what extent it's been caused by the inherent variability of weather patterns, or to what extent the strength of this El Nino is at all related to g----l w-----g. I'm NOT trying to bait anyone or to start a debate. I'm just saying for ME, that's what makes this season not just a disappointment, but a frightening harbinger of things to come. In short, a world without skiing, except for maybe the uber rich who can afford lift tickets at the last remaining resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post
    Overall, this is very depressing: http://madriverglenweather.blogspot....-how-much.html

I've resigned myself to the likelihood that there will be no late season turnaround, and that 2015-2016 will go down as one of the worst ever for the East. What's disturbing about it is not knowing to what extent it's been caused by the inherent variability of weather patterns, or to what extent the strength of this El Nino is at all related to g----l w-----g. I'm NOT trying to bait anyone or to start a debate. I'm just saying for ME, that's what makes this season not just a disappointment, but a frightening harbinger of things to come. In short, a world without skiing, except for maybe the uber rich who can afford lift tickets at the last remaining resorts.
    You said it: ONE of the worst ever. Snowless winters have happened before and will happen again.

Don't despair.

Please step back from the ledge and get a grip of yourself!
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    Please step back from the ledge and get a grip of yourself!
    Yes... exactly.

One good week can erase all the bad memories and make the 2nd half solid

Quote Originally Posted by Los View Post

And last season there were those saying this would be the new pattern of winters in NE. It's all cyclical and there may be SOME variation in the extremes there will be many more NORMAL NE winters in between.
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Quote Originally Posted by mriceyman View Post
    One good week can erase all the bad memories and make the 2nd half solid

Yeah... and that week *could* be next week.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

The realist in me says that we aren't going to get a major turnaround until at best the latter part of February. Even if we get a decent snowstorm next week, it really is just going to replace the damage that this massive thaw has done. We will be back to trails that are marginal to have open. And we will quickly be in mid-February praying for another storm to give us the snow that we really need.

As frustrating as this is, we've had a couple of great years before this year. So it's hard to complain too much.

If youre livlihood depends on snow to come then i totally feel for you. As a recreational skier youre gonna need patience and just hope it comes as frustrating as that may be. It came in spring of 07 and maybe it will, maybe it wont. Go ride bikes, play golf or whatever your non skiing activities are. It will be ok.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Thread Information