• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

BenedictGomez

:blink: WTF ! Seems the BUND is back from the 30's

You should see today's update (below). This **** is freaking scary as hell, and something out of a communist handbook.

prosecutors may decide to investigate companies that chose to fund or join organizations that questioned climate science

The Obama Administration is now legitimately terrifying. If you heard about this in passing, you'd simply assume it was total BS far right-wing propaganda, but shockingly, this is actually true. :(

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/07/s...-of-climate-investigations.html?smid=tw-share

BenedictGomez

As for winter, starting to look like this will be a stinker of a November to mid-December, but what else is new. Every December cant be as amazing as 2013-2015, when even the Poconos had peak winter conditions by December 15th. I'm not fazed....yet.

slatham

BG, not so sure. Yes, November is and will finish way above normal, but that was the forecast from several of the sources I use. They also forecasted a colder December, and winter for that matter (though not to the extent of the last 2 years). Now the short/medium range models and forecasters are starting to pick up on a pattern change as we head toward Thanksgiving. There is plenty of time for things to turn for December. Getting a bit tight on having skiing for Thanksgiving but not out of the question. THINK SNOW!

Big pattern change coming this week...No more of this November nonsense.

There are really two ways this El Nino could go for us and the next couple of weeks will be key determinants if the classic split flow develops.

BenedictGomez

There is plenty of time for things to turn for December. Getting a bit tight on having skiing for Thanksgiving but not out of the question. THINK SNOW!

Yes, but if I were forced to put down money today, I'd bet on December being below average to average at the very best. One good storm the last week of December would cure all though.

Tin

Yes, but if I were forced to put down money today, I'd bet on December being below average to average at the very best. One good storm the last week of December would cure all though.

The past few December's were great. So I booked for the week prior to Christmas...so I'm sure it will suck.

Tin

Same, lol. $267 for two nights, two day lift tickets, breakfast and walk-to-slope access for two people is pretty good no matter the conditions.

Almost exact price for our trip (prior to stopping at a NH liquor store). Early season and March have the best deals. Hoping Magic gets some snow or we will be skiing Pico and K. Have bogos to both to burn so it isn't bad.

Last edited: