• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

nhskier1969

There some potential coming up this week, could be a great weekend, but cold

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 5.31.45 PM.jpg

Hey all, haven't looked to see if this has been discussed but Open Snow.com has added a new blogger for New England and his first post was impressive. I would check it out!

Don't know much about him but he said that he is a graduate student at Plymouth State.

Also has a great map with the areas overlayed on it.
GFS_total_snow_current.jpg

Edd

3" at Wildcat. 6" at the Loaf. Gunstock claiming 3-4".

Last edited:

dlague

3" at Wildcat. 6" at the Loaf. Gunstock claiming 3-4".

Gunstock should have gotten 3-4 easy since in concord we do that. And it is about 20 miles away and based on the storms pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Edd

Gonna test the goods at the Cat. I'm here now and it's sunny with fresh snow.

BW conditions yesterday were uninspiring.

snoseek

Super warm temps out here in the west as a big strong persistent ridge looks to set up for most of february....this is hopefully the beginning of better times for eastern skiers?

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

catsup948

Growing confidence in a storm for the Tuesday Wednesday time frame next week. Maybe someone can post last night's Euro run. I'm reading it was very good for western New England.

skibumski

Even this system has been a lot friendlier than expected. Guerrilla shots of snow are slowly starting to accumulate to real gains in a lot of ski country all the way from the Cats through Maine, and this low pressure system is sticking around to keep that coming through tomorrow. If we do get a big hit early next week, we'll already have a decent base back for it.

wa-loaf

Super warm temps out here in the west as a big strong persistent ridge looks to set up for most of february....this is hopefully the beginning of better times for eastern skiers?

Oh, sure right when I'm headed West ...

Growing confidence in a storm for the Tuesday Wednesday time frame next week. Maybe someone can post last night's Euro run. I'm reading it was very good for western New England.

And I'm flying out on Wednesday.

You are all welcome!:beer:

JonD

Even this system has been a lot friendlier than expected. Guerrilla shots of snow are slowly starting to accumulate to real gains in a lot of ski country all the way from the Cats through Maine, and this low pressure system is sticking around to keep that coming through tomorrow. If we do get a big hit early next week, we'll already have a decent base back for it.

Sugarloaf reported 9". Didn't expect that.

BenedictGomez

Next week's big storm is a mess on the models. Looks pretty uninspiring on both the GFS and Canadian, but I guess the most important thing at this point is there is a "something" there rather than worrying about size. The Euro as of last night still looked impressivel'ish interior, so at least there's that. Will be interesting to see how it looks today when it comes out soon. If the ADK does get walloped per ECMWF depiction, I know where I'll be next weekend.

BenedictGomez

Uhhh..... well that escalated quickly into something completely different. Euro is now a fireball inside runner with much precipitation other than snow. Just a horrible, horrible, dreadful track. On a holiday week to boot. Thank god this is > 150 hours out, so it has time to show anything but that. I'd like to ski in Vermont this winter. :cry: Alternatively, maybe this is an outlier run and the ensemble mean will be very different.