• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

deadheadskier

Staff member
never had a chance to put them away this winter

Pretty much. I bought new skis I love, but the conditions are so crappy I've mainly been skiing my old skis. I don't dislike the Fischers and they've still got a lot of life in them. It's mainly been a decision to preserve the life of the new skis.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I just received word the fat lady was sighted :sadwalk:!
Fat%20Lady%20Sings_zpsaeefvtdm.jpg

snoseek

Get to California next week or the week after.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

VTKilarney

That right there might be the single-most kick in the nuts weather graphic I've ever seen.
I don't know. We've seen a few like it already this season.

Here is how this season has gone:
But January may turn things around...
But February may turn things around...
But March may turn things around...

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I don't know. We've seen a few like it already this season.

Here is how this season has gone:
But January may turn things around...
But February may turn things around...
But March may turn things around...

But that graphic in particular, with the green wedge of rain shooting perfectly up into VT, is the icing on the cake for this season.

bigbog

I'm at the shop right now getting new summer tires for my SUV. Snows coming off. I'll be changing over my truck too this week.

Taking a little frustration out by tempting(better word?) Motha' Nature? When you head out tomorrow morning...take it easy...but don't forget PICS!....if you slide off the road and into a tree yeggous:lol:

Los

But that graphic in particular, with the green wedge of rain shooting perfectly up into VT, is the icing on the cake for this season.

Please don't misinterpret the map -- Vermont is not being singled out. Except for Wildcat maybe (?), it's pure garbage for NH too. This season has been nightmarish and I'm confident it will go down as THE worst ski season in living memory. At this point I'm kind of rooting for it. If it's going to be awful, at least let's be able to say it was the WORST (at least for now).

The short term good news is that next season will unquestionably be better since -- despite long term warming -- we won't have the evil el nino factor. Having said that, I still can't decipher how la nina will affect us. I can't find any clear answers based on my feeble internet searching skills....