• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

〽❄❅

Mont-Tremblant, Canada Weather
11:38 am EDT Print
THURSDAY
Mar 24
snow
29° 100% 5-8 in
Snow showers early, with a steadier snow developing late in the day. High 29F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 100%. 5 to 8 inches of snow expected.
THURSDAY NIGHT
snow
23° 100% 5-8 in

tnt1234

Forecast improving slightly here, but rain on friday is gonna freeze up all the new snow before we get there. Oh well. Take what we're given.

bdfreetuna

Yeah I'm gonna wait till early next week now when things have softened up. Came down with a cold this morning not feeling well enough to ski at the moment anyway.

chuckstah

Gonna ski fresh tomorrow. 2-4 in the Whites. Hopefully more! Better than sitting home even if it does not happen. (but it will)

catsup948

Jay Peak reporting 6-8" last night and more tonight into tomorrow. Haters hate but they are the only mountain offering any decent natural snow skiing in the northeast USA right now.

fbrissette

Jay Peak reporting 6-8" last night and more tonight into tomorrow. Haters hate but they are the only mountain offering any decent natural snow skiing in the northeast USA right now.

Using my Jay Peak Webcam, it was a legit 6-8'' at the base. It is snowing currently but there is rain on the way. How much depends on the snow/rain line. 10-12 inches likely at the Massif, although some of it might be wet snow.

Los

Who hates Jay???

bdfreetuna

I have more stories about bad customer service at Jay than all other places combined, but I still go there to ski. Not a fan of the management.

Los

We went early season to Jay and I forgot my boots. When I told them them thats what happened, they gave me a discount on boot rentals. That was nice... (yes I forgot my boots - not as bad as the time that I forgot my jacket -- or the time that I forgot my season pass -- or the time that I forgot my shirt. yes, my shirt).

VTKilarney

I have more stories about bad customer service at Jay than all other places combined, but I still go there to ski. Not a fan of the management.
I hadn't heard that about management. I had always thought that Jay had one of the better management teams out there.

bdfreetuna

Let's see. One time I had a voucher they accused me of trying to use twice, which I was in no position to really "prove" otherwise so they treated me like a thief, guilty until proven innocent I guess, until someone there finally figured it out.

Last time I was up on the tram with my wife a Jay employee next to us was rambling on and on about how Killington sucks, has no snow, Jay has the best snow, "last year was just an average year for us", everything at Killington is easy, everything at Killington sucks compared to Jay... to a nice guy right next to us who was being really polite and telling him that Killington is his home mountain but he likes to come to Jay sometimes too. This went on the whole tram ride and we really wondered if the guy was drunk or just a complete ass.

My third story is 10x worse and a total embarrassment for Jay, I won't even tell it here. I want to, and it didn't just involve me. But suffice to say, worst customer service and least giving a crap about their customers of any mountain I've been to. After the 3rd thing, I swore I'd never go there again. Bad winter of snow caused me to relent. But I still intend to go there only last resort.

Other things I've heard about Mr Q from local businesses and maybe-even-employees-maybe-not (in case he's reading) don't make me love going up there either.

Your mileage may differ.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
My third story is 10x worse and a total embarrassment for Jay, I won't even tell it here. I want to, and it didn't just involve me. But suffice to say, worst customer service and least giving a crap about their customers of any mountain I've been to. After the 3rd thing, I swore I'd never go there again. Bad winter of snow caused me to relent. But I still intend to go there only last resort.
Will you share if we say "pretty please". Because truthfully, this carries no weight without the story. And photos or a video would be nice too.

bdfreetuna

Will you share if we say "pretty please". Because truthfully, this carries no weight without the story. And photos or a video would be nice too.

That's fine. It was completely unprofessional/rude behavior on the part of numerous employees towards a number of customers who shared a concern. Not everything needs to be shared in detail on AlpineZone.

I have no vendetta against Jay Peak. It's a great mountain, unfortunately standing alone in terms of skis areas I can think of that actually have a *bad attitude* towards their customers. From what I gather from people I do business with around Jay or Burke it's not just towards customers.

JimG.

Staff member
Using my Jay Peak Webcam, it was a legit 6-8'' at the base. It is snowing currently but there is rain on the way. How much depends on the snow/rain line. 10-12 inches likely at the Massif, although some of it might be wet snow.

It was snowing like crazy in Montreal on our way back from MSA/Massif yesterday. My oldest son got concerned that the snow would make the drive further south difficult. I told him to not worry that it would be rain by the time we got to the border. Sure enough, all rain at customs. By the time we got to the high peaks area it was almost 40 degrees. It was close to 60 by the time we got home. I went from scraping ice off my windshield to scraping bugs off.

The forecast for the Beaupre area was for wet snow, Massif was forecasting 30cm.

tekweezle

Ironic that this week, Stratton has below freezing Temps and maybe a little snow here and there but they closed the mountain for the week and will call it quits after this weekend.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

aaronjohn

I think this year snowfall could beat lots of areas in Northern England regions. I have already setup my weather station in my house for predicting the weather report. A weather station gives us the perfect info on the weather forecasting, atmospheric conditions. We can know the atmospheric pressure, temperature, wind speed, wind direction, the measure of rain, humidity etc. After getting good reviews from https://thehumannest.com/best-weather-station-reviews/, this site I buy a new one. It works brilliantly and gives me an accurate weather report.