Saddleback - Page 116

AlpineZone

Page 116 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1182

Thread: Saddleback

Bromley is doing pretty well for themselves in a partnership or semi ownership type relationship with Cranmore and Jiminy Peak.

2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    What about them buying Smuggs? Or a smaller place like Bromley? I was going to say Bolton but that place seems to always have money/skier visit issues almost as bad as Burke.
    Boyne has zero interest in buying any more resorts.

https://www.tcbusinessnews.com/2018/...ions-upgrades/

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Boyne has zero interest in buying any more resorts.

https://www.tcbusinessnews.com/2018/...ions-upgrades/

....in the next 3 to 5 years

Is what the article says. A lot can change in that time frame though.

Maybe they stick to what they have, but I think it would be wise to get into the NJ, NY, CT market. Having something local to that market would only help drive traffic to their more distant resorts. A Bromley would work, especially if they could expand it a bit.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    ....in the next 3 to 5 years

Is what the article says. A lot can change in that time frame though.

Maybe they stick to what they have, but I think it would be wise to get into the NJ, NY, CT market. Having something local to that market would only help drive traffic to their more distant resorts. A Bromley would work, especially if they could expand it a bit.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Personally, based on their plans and pace at Big Sky and need for reinvestment at most of the rest of their portfolio, I think they have about zero aquisition capital in that time frame. They could decide to leverage up again but I think they will be cautious about that. Since they have parts of the former ASC empire, hopefully they take a lesson from that forray into high leveraged aquisitions.

Well, Rangley airport is getting a bunch of cash to improve itself, namely a runway extension. Not sure how much (it needs quite a bit I believe to fit most jets), now they just need to get that ski resort going again.
    https://www.apnews.com/2665c120a901408a84b26350b512f1da

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    A Bromley would work, especially if they could expand it a bit.
    Expand Bromley, you say?

Brom.jpg
    2019/2020 season:

Mount Snow [11/14]

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    Well, Rangley airport is getting a bunch of cash to improve itself, namely a runway extension. Not sure how much (it needs quite a bit I believe to fit most jets), now they just need to get that ski resort going again.
    https://www.apnews.com/2665c120a901408a84b26350b512f1da
    Current length is 3,200 feet, adequate for light piston twins and even a basic slow Citation jet. There's lots of factors involved, one of which is what level of safety you want to assume. There's a difference between what the airplane is capable of if an engine doesn't fail on take-off and you're light on load and fuel, vs heavy load with extra runway for aborting with engine failure.

The extension to 4,300 feet is based on what's known as balanced field length for B200 King Air, which is the fixed wing med-evac airplane. It's a smallish corporate turboprop, in the same family as the often seen Beech 1900 19 seat commuter plane.

However you can land most corporate jets into 4,300 feet.

It's a lousy non precision instrument approach there too.

Quote Originally Posted by mister moose View Post
    Current length is 3,200 feet, adequate for light piston twins and even a basic slow Citation jet. There's lots of factors involved, one of which is what level of safety you want to assume. There's a difference between what the airplane is capable of if an engine doesn't fail on take-off and you're light on load and fuel, vs heavy load with extra runway for aborting with engine failure.

The extension to 4,300 feet is based on what's known as balanced field length for B200 King Air, which is the fixed wing med-evac airplane. It's a smallish corporate turboprop, in the same family as the often seen Beech 1900 19 seat commuter plane.

However you can land most corporate jets into 4,300 feet.

It's a lousy non precision instrument approach there too.
    Nice you found the planned extension length. 4300 is decent, could get the Phenom 300 in and out, dry anyway. Haven't looked at the approaches there, but extended strip first, better RNAV can be added later.

Sadly, no positive saddleback news, just a link to an article about closure effect on Rangely

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...Jdd6OH1g4e-N0A
    Snowflakes matter

Quote Originally Posted by skimagic View Post
    Sadly, no positive saddleback news, just a link to an article about closure effect on Rangely

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...Jdd6OH1g4e-N0A
    This is very sad. Not what anyone wanted.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information