Saddleback - Page 126

AlpineZone

Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1262

Thread: Saddleback

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    Interesting article today, including the tidbit that they're targeting 150-180k skier visits per year, and that they went with the HSQ because otherwise they'd be running out of capacity around 100k.

https://www.pressherald.com/2020/09/...ountain-lodge/
    Letís go with the idea that they will be open for 150-160 days per season and letís go with 150,000 skier visits

That averages out to about 1000 people skiing per day - why does that seem high? That is 1000 people every single day! Granted weekends will carry the weight but weekdays it probably will be close to a ghost town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Let’s go with the idea that they will be open for 150-160 days per season and let’s go with 150,000 skier visits

That averages out to about 1000 people skiing per day - why does that seem high? That is 1000 people every single day! Granted weekends will carry the weight but weekdays it probably will be close to a ghost town.
    I'd be shocked if they ran lifts much, if any, beyond Thanksgiving to Easter. Going earlier requires taking advantage of marginal (i.e. inefficient) snowmaking windows; going much later it tends to be difficult to scare up customers.

With that said, assuming 36 weekend days (18 weeks, November to April), 150,000 / 36 is about 4,200 skier-visits averaged per weekend day. That's a bit less than a third of a busy day at Sunday River (based on the numbers cited in the podcast last year); even if you figured 3800 (with the rest being midweek skier-days), that seems...optimistic...for Rangely.
    Disclaimer: Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself, unless I'm saying something incredibly dumb, in which case I didn't say anything and you're hallucinating.

I don't see this article saying they need to hit 150K skier/rider days THIS season, that is what they need to hit to be sustainable overall. I seriously doubt their business plan would hinge on making that volume of visits in their first season back. I would think 75-100K would put them over the moon this year, pointing to that 150K as being very attainable moving forward.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Price drops announced on a couple of their passes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFPr7Cws...=173um0gtzdxvv

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Let’s go with the idea that they will be open for 150-160 days per season and let’s go with 150,000 skier visits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think 120 skier days is more likely (roughly December to March). If they make it into April I would expect it to be weekends only. Anyway, I've already put Saddleback is on the list this year. If the experience is good I'll be repeat customer. If not, its back to SR and SL for my Maine trips.

Quote Originally Posted by machski View Post
    I don't see this article saying they need to hit 150K skier/rider days THIS season, that is what they need to hit to be sustainable overall. I seriously doubt their business plan would hinge on making that volume of visits in their first season back. I would think 75-100K would put them over the moon this year, pointing to that 150K as being very attainable moving forward.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Agreed; based on what they've said so far, I'd expect it's highly likely they have a master plan to go with that level of visitation, with a plausible timeframe to get there. I just remain skeptical given the driving distance to major population centers, particularly the "it feels like we're about to hear banjo music" element on a non-trivial chunk of the drive.
    Disclaimer: Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself, unless I'm saying something incredibly dumb, in which case I didn't say anything and you're hallucinating.

After 5 years with the doors closed and the effect of COVID, Saddleback might do 50K visits this season. They will need to take 120K visits from Sunday River and Sugarloaf going forward to make SB sustainable (Actaris number). I wonder what the plan is to try and capture these skiers visits. Currently, there is not enough lodging around SB to support this level of visits.

When they were opened they stole me from sugarloaf a few times a year. Much better doing a 3 /4 day weekend splitting my days between the 2. Donít care to ski Sunday River. Although I use to a lot back in the early 90ís.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by x10003q View Post
    After 5 years with the doors closed and the effect of COVID, Saddleback might do 50K visits this season. They will need to take 120K visits from Sunday River and Sugarloaf going forward to make SB sustainable (Actaris number). I wonder what the plan is to try and capture these skiers visits. Currently, there is not enough lodging around SB to support this level of visits.
    This is why it went unsold for so long. Numbers donít add up. Arctaris is not in the ski business. Their stated plan is to flip it in under ten years.

30 jobs (many with multiple openings) are now posted for up there if anyone wants to move up and enjoy the whole season as most include a season pass.
    Ski Season is too short

Thread Information