• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback

x10003q

After 5 years with the doors closed and the effect of COVID, Saddleback might do 50K visits this season. They will need to take 120K visits from Sunday River and Sugarloaf going forward to make SB sustainable (Actaris number). I wonder what the plan is to try and capture these skiers visits. Currently, there is not enough lodging around SB to support this level of visits.

Smellytele

When they were opened they stole me from sugarloaf a few times a year. Much better doing a 3 /4 day weekend splitting my days between the 2. Don’t care to ski Sunday River. Although I use to a lot back in the early 90’s.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

After 5 years with the doors closed and the effect of COVID, Saddleback might do 50K visits this season. They will need to take 120K visits from Sunday River and Sugarloaf going forward to make SB sustainable (Actaris number). I wonder what the plan is to try and capture these skiers visits. Currently, there is not enough lodging around SB to support this level of visits.

This is why it went unsold for so long. Numbers don’t add up. Arctaris is not in the ski business. Their stated plan is to flip it in under ten years.

Glade Monkey

30 jobs (many with multiple openings) are now posted for up there if anyone wants to move up and enjoy the whole season as most include a season pass.

MEtoVTSkier

I think they are going to do a LOT better this season than people are expecting them to do. Too bad someone couldn't drop in a couple realistic sized motels close by.

Edd

Haven’t listened yet. If the link doesn’t work properly look for the Saddleback episode. It’s the latest one.

This turned out to be good. Great to hear people talking about re-opening the mountain in serious terms. I didn’t know they have an “unlimited“ water source for snowmaking, Saddleback Lake.