• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback

yeggous

Negotiations continue. Condo owners know more then they are telling. I remain amazed by their united front in not spilling the beans.

How can they possibly know and kept the secret this well? How many condo owners are there? This is not something that can scale well.

prsboogie

She is very optimistic that they will open but there are no guarantees. I haven't asked her how many own but when I see her I will ask. She has owned there for nearly 20 years so she knows a few people around

yeggous

Bump. Its November 9 and still no news. The Boston ski expo is this weekend and they are not on the exhibitor list. Somebody stick a fork in them.

Rikka

I was thinking the same thing today. I went to the saddleback patrollers FB page and it seems pretty glum there.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

salsgang

The fact that they have still not definitively announced anything makes me think some type of transaction is still in the works. Not sure if 2015-16 ski season is still in the cards however. Doesn't seem like it can go on much longer.

moguler6

Could be a good season for that Heli-Bear heli ski operation if the lifts don't turn. Lol

jimk

The best uphill skiing in the east this winter, perhaps. Actually a very unique opportunity for some of us.

Wouldn't it be wild if the place doesn't open to schedule a sort of flash mob of hike-to skiers one day and put hundreds of them on the mtn at same time, take photos and go viral with it over the net about how great the snow and terrain is.
Casablanca
1352775133_pic2.jpg

dlague

Wouldn't it be wild if the place doesn't open to schedule a sort of flash mob of hike-to skiers one day and put hundreds of them on the mtn at same time, take photos and go viral with it over the net about how great the snow and terrain is.
Casablanca
1352775133_pic2.jpg

Nice idea but that is a haul for that purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bigbog

Wouldn't it be wild if the place doesn't open to schedule a sort of flash mob of hike-to skiers one day and put hundreds of them on the mtn at same time, take photos and go viral with it over the net about how great the snow and terrain is. ....

it will be interesting to see.....

Terry

Got an email from Shawnee Peak that anyone with a valid seasons pass to Saddleback this year can buy an unlimited seasons pass to Shawnee for just $150. If Saddleback doesn't open at least they can get some use out of the pass.

dlague

Got an email from Shawnee Peak that anyone with a valid seasons pass to Saddleback this year can buy an unlimited seasons pass to Shawnee for just $150. If Saddleback doesn't open at least they can get some use out of the pass.

Well if you generally ski Saddleback because of the expert terrain and glades then skiing Shawnee is a bit of a let down if Saddleback does not open. Nice of them to go after that market.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

oldtimer

wouldn't it be a great gesture if the Loaf did the same thing? the marginal cost to them for the passes is very small and the potential for future benefit is big.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Well if you generally ski Saddleback because of the expert terrain and glades then skiing Shawnee is a bit of a let down if Saddleback does not open. Nice of them to go after that market.

There are a lot of Saddleback skiers who love the long and well groomed cruisers off of the Rangeley. I would consider Shawnee's action to be both a good marketing idea as well as a nice gesture to the "high-and-dry" Saddleback skiers.

I suspect those who loved the gnarly woods will go to SL or SR.