• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need to upgrade

Greg

Staff member
Let's be honest, nowadays most skis with the same genre are pretty good and tend to be fairly consistent from manufacturer to manufacturer - its not nearly as variable as it used to be years ago when there was far more variability from company to company.

Nowadays if you know you want say a mid fat "do most things well" 1 ski quiver, you're likely to not go wrong no matter who makes the ski as the differences tend to be subtle rather than dramatic.

Now if you're debating if say a mogul specific ski will be able to handle a decent powder day in the trees as well as it can a firm bump run, then the need to demo is likely greater

Agreed. After thinking about it, it turns out I've never demoed any of the skis I've owned. Lol

Greg

Staff member
So far picked up new Krypton Fusions, Look Pivot 12s and some K2 comp poles. Considering Dyna Powertrack 89s in 179 for skis. The Dyna/Look/Diabello/K2 combo has been my last few setups. Yeah, I know I should demo... lol

Turns out the setup I selected is better than I expected. And all without a demo! Whoot!