70th Anniversary of Hiroshima

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post 70th Anniversary of Hiroshima

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2810653-1...y-of-hiroshima

Just saw that it is today. Definitely a dark day in history and one that probably evokes some mixed emotions.

Live, Ski, or Die!

Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    http://www.sltrib.com/news/2810653-1...y-of-hiroshima

Just saw that it is today. Definitely a dark day in history and one that probably evokes some mixed emotions.
    As much as I enjoy the long weekend of parties and cookouts I have mixed emotions about it as we still celebrate VJ Day in RI. I remind myself if the bombs were not dropped hundreds of thousands of American troops would have been killed and wounded trying to take the main islands and how many more years war would have continued.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    As much as I enjoy the long weekend of parties and cookouts I have mixed emotions about it as we still celebrate VJ Day in RI. I remind myself if the bombs were not dropped hundreds of thousands of American troops would have been killed and wounded trying to take the main islands and how many more years war would have continued.
    The very issue that Truman wrestled with. Just look at what it took to take Iwo Jima!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

We should have hit Tokyo. They were evil animals. Maybe 3 bombs could have taken out the ring leaders.
    make snow not war
    Waterville Valley, bought to be sold

Are you serious? Two were enough to end the war. Why kill tens of thousands more people?

Dead serious, why not take out the leaders. They started it, Pearl Harbor. What would life had been like in the U.S. if they and Germany had won? Think about that. Seriously, we would have all been slaves if they had there way. Both Japan and Germany thought they were of a superior race. The people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki were worker bees.
    I agree with what we did after the war to get Japan back on it's industrial footing. Sending over the ISO 9000 guy (can't remember his name).

Yea, we should have leveled Tokyo.
    make snow not war
    Waterville Valley, bought to be sold

Quote Originally Posted by freeski View Post
    Dead serious, why not take out the leaders. They started it, Pearl Harbor. What would life had been like in the U.S. if they and Germany had won? Think about that. Seriously, we would have all been slaves if they had there way. Both Japan and Germany thought they were of a superior race. The people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki were worker bees.
    I agree with what we did after the war to get Japan back on it's industrial footing. Sending over the ISO 9000 guy (can't remember his name).

Yea, we should have leveled Tokyo.
    Deming?

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post

Not to mention the thousands of Allied POWs in Japan that were all about to be executed.

Freeski, the war was over after the first two bombs. Hell it was likely over after the first. In fact 6 out of the 7 WW2 five star generals are on record as saying the bombs were morally reprehensible and unnecessary.

The goal of war is to end conflict as quickly as possible with the fewest number of casualties. To actively wish for another bomb dropped on Tokyo makes you equally as savage as the Pearl Harbor attackers if not worse because there would have been far more deaths to innocent bystanders. What an awful mindset to have.

Thread Information