• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Buffalo Mountain- Silver Couloir

Huck_It_Baby

Haven't been the forums in a while but I'm bored and really want to go skiing AND it snowed here in Colorado last night so I'm pumped.

My last turns for the season were in June on Buffalo mountain to ski Silver Couloir. It was a tiring hike up as most of the snow was melted (except for the couloir) so we couldn't really skin. 3,000+ vertical with gear on your back is so much fun. The pay off was amazing though. We estimated there was still around 2,700-2,800 vertical of snow left in the chute itself.

Snow was real weird. Probably the strangest snow I have ever skied. Sticky. Really worked the knees and quads but it was fun. There were a few minor wet slabs that slid but nothing major. The scariest part of the day was watching large boulders slide/roll down the hill next to us.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• From Mike2.jpg
    From Mike2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Buffalo_15.jpg
    Buffalo_15.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Buffalo_18.jpg
    Buffalo_18.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Buffalo_10.jpg
    Buffalo_10.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Buffalo_19.jpg
    Buffalo_19.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 162

Savemeasammy

Nice. That's why I sorta hate you... ;)

How about posting some snow pics from last night?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Cornhead

Cool, wish I'd remembered to drop you a line when I was in CO last Spring, what was I thinking? Dumbass. May, or may not, make it back this year.

Huck_It_Baby

Cool, wish I'd remembered to drop you a line when I was in CO last Spring, what was I thinking? Dumbass. May, or may not, make it back this year.

Yeah you should have! I was bummin' in Vail all Winter. Let me know if you make it out this season!

Cornhead

Yeah you should have! I was bummin' in Vail all Winter. Let me know if you make it out this season!

It was pretty shitty till late, no? Every time I checked the weather in Denver it was in the 70's. I almost didn't go because I couldn't find decent airfare. Finally found a flight out of Ithaca for $475 roundtrip. Yes, I will drop you a line this year.

Huck_It_Baby

It was pretty shitty till late, no? Every time I checked the weather in Denver it was in the 70's. I almost didn't go because I couldn't find decent airfare. Finally found a flight out of Ithaca for $475 roundtrip. Yes, I will drop you a line this year.

Denver weather isn't the same as West of the divid. Early season was great but it did feel like a good chunk of the season was more spring-like than winter. I still made lots of powder turns though so I was happy =)