Buffalo Mountain- Silver Couloir

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buffalo Mountain- Silver Couloir

Haven't been the forums in a while but I'm bored and really want to go skiing AND it snowed here in Colorado last night so I'm pumped.

My last turns for the season were in June on Buffalo mountain to ski Silver Couloir. It was a tiring hike up as most of the snow was melted (except for the couloir) so we couldn't really skin. 3,000+ vertical with gear on your back is so much fun. The pay off was amazing though. We estimated there was still around 2,700-2,800 vertical of snow left in the chute itself.

Snow was real weird. Probably the strangest snow I have ever skied. Sticky. Really worked the knees and quads but it was fun. There were a few minor wet slabs that slid but nothing major. The scariest part of the day was watching large boulders slide/roll down the hill next to us.

Attached Images Attached Images

Nice. That's why I sorta hate you...

How about posting some snow pics from last night?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Savemeasammy View Post
    Nice. That's why I sorta hate you...

How about posting some snow pics from last night?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Very cool pics!
    2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

Cool, wish I'd remembered to drop you a line when I was in CO last Spring, what was I thinking? Dumbass. May, or may not, make it back this year.
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by skiNEwhere View Post
    Very cool pics!
    Thanks! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Cool, wish I'd remembered to drop you a line when I was in CO last Spring, what was I thinking? Dumbass. May, or may not, make it back this year.
    Yeah you should have! I was bummin' in Vail all Winter. Let me know if you make it out this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Huck_It_Baby View Post
    Yeah you should have! I was bummin' in Vail all Winter. Let me know if you make it out this season!
    It was pretty shitty till late, no? Every time I checked the weather in Denver it was in the 70's. I almost didn't go because I couldn't find decent airfare. Finally found a flight out of Ithaca for $475 roundtrip. Yes, I will drop you a line this year.
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Thread Information