Cliff Jumping world record

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cliff Jumping world record

I enjoy a good cliff jump into water. Even did the 76er into Lake Champlain at Red Rocks park as a kid.......once

This is nuts though

http://www.redbull.com/en/adventure/...e-world-record

Ugh. No Thanks. Dude definitely has balls though. That was a pretty narrow window. Jumping too far could've spelled disaster.

I did a 50 footer, once, into a swimming pool (albeit in the service and against my will) and that was good enough.
    2017/2018 Days - 88
    2016/2017 Days - 34
    2015/2016 Days - 57
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47

Not far from where I live are numerous abandoned slate quarries that have shear walls , some near 100' .
    We would run off some of the lower ones , had great memories and 2 very scary ones , land wrong and your done .
    Very deep water and a long swim to safety , lots of drownings over the years but still appealing to sneak in .

I would have trouble just standing out on that platform at the top.

That's nearly 193 feet. Jamie Pierre jumped 255 ft. Fred Syversen beat that by surviving a 351 foot drop - (he didn't mean to do it). I jumped 30 feet once and it took me forever to work up the courage.
    "Happiness equals reality minus expectations." Tommy Magliozzi

I was a bit surprised that the skiing records are higher than the water jumping records.

Crazy!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    Not far from where I live are numerous abandoned slate quarries that have shear walls , some near 100' .
    We would run off some of the lower ones , had great memories and 2 very scary ones , land wrong and your done .
    Very deep water and a long swim to safety , lots of drownings over the years but still appealing to sneak in .
    Land wrong is right!

23-year-old skier Matt Heffernan died while cliff jumping at Causey Reservoir, east of Salt Lake City, Utah on Friday. Matt had jumped off a cliff for the fifth time. He attempted a double backflip and landed in the water face first and did not return to the surface.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

In Concord we used to swim at Swenson's Old #2. A huge quarry they took the granite from the Library of Congress in D.C. out of. One of the jumps was called Ballsy you had to jump out about 8 feet and was about 32' high. You had to run and couldn't see the water until you were in the air.

Below is Livermore Falls in Plymouth I've swam there many times and seen kids go off the bottom of the bridge, but the top is crazy. It's 100' and if you fall climbing out you're in trouble. People die there swimming; never heard of a death off the bridge.
    make snow not war
    Waterville Valley, bought to be sold

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_h3bhobQdr8
    Ouch ! I landed feet first and leaned forward a few degrees and it hurt like hell.
    Can't imagine a near belly flop!

Thread Information