• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Manly man skis, get them here...

Madroch

Have a pair of 193 race stock race tiger GS- >27m- practically inflexible by me unless doing Mach 10- may be my lack of skills- but man are they fun when i actually manage to bend EM- rebound is nuts... 6 turns down gunny- ultimate one trick pony- but got EM new for 80 flat

drjeff

I've skied DH skis on public trails for over 10 years now. Not much worse than having 208cm GS skis back in the 90's.

True statement! Except nowadays vs back in the 90's you've got way more of those pesky snowboarders to dodge! ;) :lol:

Late 80's/early 90's I used to bomb around public trails on my 213cm Rossi 3G's. Lots of fun to open the throttle up a bit on a wide open trail, kind of sucked in the bumps though! I will say that they're much more enjoyable now as the center piece of my adirondack style ski chair made up of a bunch of my late 80's and early 90's sl and gs race skis!!

drjeff

Have a pair of 193 race stock race tiger GS- >27m- practically inflexible by me unless doing Mach 10- may be my lack of skills- but man are they fun when i actually manage to bend EM- rebound is nuts... 6 turns down gunny- ultimate one trick pony- but got EM new for 80 flat

That's the thing with a REAL race ski, if you've got the skills to bend them, and then stay with them, the ride that they give you is incredible!! Almost in a weird sort of way as awesome a sensation as what you get when floating through deep powder, even though they're quite different!

Cannonball

Those are perfect skis!
To make a snowboard rack from. I've been looking for something a little longer than typical. Once drilled out i can hang 4 boards instead of three. Will bid through your link.

dlague

Those are perfect skis!
To make a snowboard rack from. I've been looking for something a little longer than typical. Once drilled out i can hang 4 boards instead of three. Will bid through your link.

Welcome back! How was your trip north?