• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Here we go - the annual ski mag. ranking of eastern resorts

xlr8r

cdskier

yeah it wouldn't make sense to me if Mt Snow rises up at least 6 places to be in the top 10, but Stratton drops down 4 places to 17. The places are so similar what would explain that change year to year.

Holiday Valley is probably a lock top 10 as well based on history.

tnt1234

Went to Tremblant for the first time last year. It was great.

Our spring break was after Canadian spring break, so the place was empty - like 1 week or two from closing - and 100% open. And it started snowing the second day we were there. Had great snow, wide open mountain, and no crowds. So easy to like in those conditions for sure....down side was, because of no crowds, two lifts/pods were closed after our second day.

But the mountain, I thought, was pretty impressive. nice layout - about half the lifts end at the same summit, so super easy to move from one area to another. We meet some friends up there, so we had 6 adults and 6 kids skiing 'together' a few days and it was great - we could all ski what was pleasing and end back at the summit. And each pod had great variety as well.

We found some great glades - again, awesome that they were open that late in season - some super bump runs and some great winding, natural trails....real new england style narrow ramblers....

Really, a great mountain. I was totally psyched. We picked it because of it's far north location, what with the late break, and the village/easy access/no car rides gig. Kind of though the skiing might end up being compromised. And that wasn't the case at all.

Anyway, long post to say, I get the high ranking last year....we might go back, though I'm angling for Maine instead just because I've never been.....

Jully

Here we go with 11-20 for 2016. 1-10 will be released next week

http://www.skinet.com/ski/galleries/2016s-top-ranked-eastern-ski-resorts

11 Sugarloaf
12 Sugarbush
13 Bretton Woods
14 Attitash
15 MRG
16 Wildcat
17 Stratton
18 Cannon
19 Loon
20 Waterville

So far I conclude that Attitash is much higher than expected, and Loon, Sugarbush, Sugarloaf and Stratton are lower than expected. Sugarbush and Sugarloaf you would expect to be in the top 10 based on previous years. I guess that leaves these 8 as locks for top 10.

Tremblant
Smuggs
Stowe
Killington
Jay
Sunday River
Whiteface
Okemo

the other 2 could be

Holiday Valley?
Mt Snow?
Saddleback?
Gore?

Cool to see wildcat getting some recognition. I'd be pretty shocked if saddleback went from 20th to top 10 though.