2015/16 Snow tire thread - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    The FJ laughs in the face of snow tires!!!!!
    You have the Toyo A/Ts right? When the H/Ts that were on the Tundra when I bought it wear a bit more I will definitely be getting some All Terrains.

2018-19
    Wildcat 11/10

2017-2018 Days: 51
    2016-2017 Days: 51
    2015-2016 Days: 25
    2014-2015 Days: 36
    2013-2014 Days: 25
    2012-2013 Days: 16
    2011-2012 Days: 25
    2010-2011 Days: 24
    2009-2010 Days: 47

We have Blizzaks on four cars in the family. I'm gonna guess we average about 25K miles over three years for each car.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

25K is what I target for snows as well, which is two 5 month seasons - November 1st to April 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    25K is what I target for snows as well, which is two 5 month seasons - November 1st to April 1st.
    Wow, you put a lot of miles on an annual basis- I'm estimating 25k per year per vehicle?
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Over 30. I've got 101k on my current ride which I bought new in July of 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by moresnow View Post
    I like the way you think. Keeps the lift lines shorter.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    This has been discussed ad nauseam in the past. Snow tires are leaps and bounds better handling in winter. Period.
    Pussies that are afraid to drive in snow keep lift line shorter - we go no matter what conditions are like.

My SUV does not need winter tires. All seasons have done the job for me all of my life even when i did not have a truck. Just have to know how to drive in the winter. Only conditions that suck are freezing rain on cleared roads then again it does not really matter what tire you have.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

You can turn a Phillips screw with a flat head driver as well......

Quote Originally Posted by billski View Post
    Do you have an FJ? How is it on windblown hardpack and ice?
    it laughs in its face.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xwhaler View Post
    You have the Toyo A/Ts right? When the H/Ts that were on the Tundra when I bought it wear a bit more I will definitely be getting some All Terrains.
    Yes A/T on it now, came with all seasons Grandtreks. They were better in sand then the snow.
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Pussies that are afraid to drive in snow keep lift line shorter - we go no matter what conditions are like.

My SUV does not need winter tires. All seasons have done the job for me all of my life even when i did not have a truck. Just have to know how to drive in the winter. Only conditions that suck are freezing rain on cleared roads then again it does not really matter what tire you have.
    I agree. I have never run snows even when I had my 740i. Just to need to know the car and conditions n

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Thread Information