• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2015/16 Snow tire thread

Geoff

Sounds like you are happy with the Nokians. Had the Michelin X-Ice 2's, but once they get below 50% wear, they are not great in snow. Are the Nokian's great/good in snow closer to end of life? Need to buy 3 sets of snows for this winter.

I have personal experience with the studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta SUV, the Hakka Q, the Hakka R, and the Blizzak WS-50. I was very unhappy with the Blizzak lifespan. It was an amazing tire for 12,000 miles and quickly became useless. The Hakka Q and Hakka R held up very well. I've read that the WS-80 has gotten better for tire wear. I'm going to stick with what I know and buy the R2.

Vianor has their sale next week from Oct 5th through Columbus Day. Free mounting if you do it before November 1. I haven't call yet for pricing. They're mostly Vermont with a few stores in very upstate NY, NH, and Mass. They also have "partners" around New England and New York but I'm not sure if those participate in the sale.

Vianor link with a store & partner locator: http://vianor.us/