• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Feds: VW Cars Deceive Emissions Testers

wa-loaf

Guess what the pop over ad on the article was...

I got microsoft, but I'm assuming you got a VW ad?

I think VW is going to have to buy back my car and give me a good discount on a new one. Hell there will probably be an oversupply of VWs over the next year anyway.

Sadly this might usher in the end of diesel for use in passenger cars. Even if other manufacturers haven't pulled the same hi-jinx this will scare most people away from them.

wa-loaf

attachment.php

Attachments

• VW-test.jpg
    VW-test.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 192

drjeff

I can just imagine the justification wording behind the class action suit.... You deceived my hipster self into thinking I was being cool by driving a diesel that was actually "clean" but instead you just let me get better mileage and saved me money all these years! :lol:

wa-loaf

You can add 2.8 million more VW cars in Germany just added to the list.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I doubt it. It will hurt sales and profits for a year or two at most.

Just recently Toyota and GM covered up issues with their vehicles to avoid recalls and the dishonesty of those companies killed a lot of people.

Anyone hear any outrage still towards those car makers?

Consumers have very short memories and VW had a lot of loyal customers because of the way the cars drive. They're not boring like most American and Japanese brands, so the alternatives to that bad bad company are cars those customers won't like as much.

wa-loaf

Given the current Europe economy - I'd say they won't let them go under...

Too big and important of a company in Germany to wipe out. Germany will likely toss a lot of executives (the folks responsible for all this are based in Germany) in jail for a few years and VW will go on.

bvibert

Staff member
I doubt it. It will hurt sales and profits for a year or two at most.

Just recently Toyota and GM covered up issues with their vehicles to avoid recalls and the dishonesty of those companies killed a lot of people.

Anyone hear any outrage still towards those car makers?

Consumers have very short memories and VW had a lot of loyal customers because of the way the cars drive. They're not boring like most American and Japanese brands, so the alternatives to that bad bad company are cars those customers won't like as much.

Agreed, they're not going anywhere, but they could be hurting for a little while.

This may be a good time to buy up some of their stock..

thetrailboss

Staff member
Now Utah.....

Michael Yeoman; Sean Myles, individually and on behalf of all other individuals similarly situated
v.
Volkswagen Group of America Inc.; Volkswagen of America Inc.; Does
9/25/2015 2:15 cv 692 Pead
(Central)

Unfair sales practices, fraud and warranty class action. Defendants manufactured and designed a system to circumvent national vehicle emission standards. Subject vehicles include 482,000 diesel Volkswagen and Audi vehicles manufactured, sold and leased nationally, since 2009. $5 million.

Download
Mark Schwarz
Pinpoint