• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glade Runner

I just can't get over all the idiots who think they are awesome because they ski Hunter. Yes you have some steep terrain, some good snowmaking but, what else? It's usually an ice rink from all the man made and heavy traffic. Your low annual snowfall hurts when it comes to glades. It's packed with idiots from the city. I've had some good days there in spring midweek. But, it certainly wasn't difficult or a haven for off trail riding. If you want to think you are awesome because you ski at a man made mountain with man made snow and heavy traffic then great. I just prefer real snow, no boundary skiing and no lift lines.

Glade Runner

Thanks Scotty. We both know Plattekill is the real place to be in the Catskills for snow, off trail riding and avoiding city dicks.

danimals

If hunter expands I'll stop by to check it out. As it stands now, the mountain feels so artificial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mriceyman

If hunter expands I'll stop by to check it out. As it stands now, the mountain feels so artificial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That hill to the left where a trail was cut once would make hunter ski like a totally different mountain. I stay away as it is now unless its a iskiny midweek day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Glade Runner

Not at all

The preference is for members not to troll or be jerks to other members.

There's a fair amount of tolerance for both, but there's a line........

Right so I am a troll because someone says so. And no one was being a jerk to me first? Right.

Glade Runner

WTF is a glade runner anyway?

Do you run away from beginner glades?
Are you too afraid to ski the woods.. We have woods at Hunter... So... I guess your out... sorry...
Put some big boy pants on and get out of the glades...

So who trolled who first?

Status
Not open for further replies.