• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

USSA Proposes World Cup At Killington

Jully

There definitely will be some unfortunate folks who get stuck in the middle of the tunnels and need to skate/flail their way out. I don't think it will be any worse than someone stopping/getting stuck in the normal intersection though.

They might not work perfectly, but what could possibly be worse than before?

cdskier

If you get a Pico season pass, can you ski Killington on the days Pico is closed ?

No (A Pico-only pass is cheaper than a mid-week K pass, so if they allowed that everyone that wanted to ski K midweek would just get a Pico pass instead)

cdskier

No because it'd only be good the two days a week Pico is closed...

I don't know. If there's a cheaper pass that allows me to ski 7 days a week (2 days at K and 5 at Pico) vs one that only gives me 5 midweek at K per week, the cheaper one is still the one I would get. Maybe "everyone" was a bit strong, but I'd still think a pass priced that way wouldn't make sense.

At any rate, the fact still remains that the Pico pass is not valid at K when Pico is closed.

drjeff

Not to nitpick, but is that true for early and late season?

If I recall correctly, and by no means am I 100% certain on this, K has in the pass allowed Pico only pass holders to use their passes at K after Pico has closed in some seasons. That tended to be before they rolled out their inexpensive Spring pass on a regular basis a few seasons ago. There may have also been an instance or 2 where because of challenging early season weather and a later than usual Pico opening, that Pico only passes were valid at K.

I am quite certain that K has allowed Pico only pass use at the mother hill at times in the past. Not so certain how regular an event that is in the last few years though

machski

If I recall correctly, and by no means am I 100% certain on this, K has in the pass allowed Pico only pass holders to use their passes at K after Pico has closed in some seasons. That tended to be before they rolled out their inexpensive Spring pass on a regular basis a few seasons ago. There may have also been an instance or 2 where because of challenging early season weather and a later than usual Pico opening, that Pico only passes were valid at K.

I am quite certain that K has allowed Pico only pass use at the mother hill at times in the past. Not so certain how regular an event that is in the last few years though
^^^^^THIS^^^^^
It is not ordinary but I believe if the weather does not cooperate and Pico is closed when it should be open, they do offer at least midweek days at K in the past. But only during Pico's stated seasonal dates.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

What drjeff said matches my memory as well. It is an exception in certain circumstances, but not the rule.

urungus

Thanks for the insights. Not sure I am going to pull the trigger on the Pico pass although I am hoping to be there a few times this season, went there 3 times last year and really liked the winding trails from the peak. Not sure I’ll ever get the nerve to ski the old Poma line though.

mister moose

Pico has been offering advance unrestricted tickets in the fall, last year was in the $45 ballpark, I forget the exact amount. Last year Killington's ($69) had to be ordered by October 12th, whereas this year they haven't even announced them yet. If you know you want to ski Pico a few times this season I'd watch for those.

urungus

Pico has been offering advance unrestricted tickets in the fall, last year was in the $45 ballpark, I forget the exact amount. Last year Killington's ($69) had to be ordered by October 12th, whereas this year they haven't even announced them yet. If you know you want to ski Pico a few times this season I'd watch for those.

Thanks I will keep an eye out