• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

USSA Proposes World Cup At Killington

cdskier

It is a STUNNING view of K1. Wouldn't mind if they permanently had a webcam pointed there in addition to SS.

I was thinking the same thing. Hell I prefer this view over Superstar. Just point it back at Superstar in the spring.

FBGM

K zoneera forum is kabunk. Get out the aluminum foil hats for da fix. Superstar fire power good for racers. Bad for rainz tomorrow. Ice rink after.

Vail Mothership Walmart opened their east coast headquarters. I'm sure it was epic.

Mt Blow getting sued by the flatlanders. Standard. Settlement will happen.

Rainz to come. Liquid pow pow. Jersey joe out!

mister moose

K zoneera forum is kabunk. Get out the aluminum foil hats for da fix.

I checked with an admin and there is a malware issue with some files that caused the host to lock down the site. Given it's the weekend it might be a little while to get back on line.

jaybird

Are the girls up there doing training runs Monday and Tuesday?
It was fun to meet notables last year .. 2 in particular :thumbup:

The venue this year is a much better layout.
The course has undergone some changes as well.

slatham

Cam back on. Bunch of people on the hill. Snowing. At least they don't have to worry about injecting the course with water to get it FIS hard!

doublediamond

Possibly on Skyelark. Most certainly NOT on Superstar. WC hills are closed to even racers the week before an event. It's to minimize home-field advantage. The only time they are allowed on the race hill before the first run inspection is if the jury gives a freeski day. The ladies have one scheduled for Friday AM.

SIKSKIER

The snowshed cam I think is different than the mountain view cam they had last year.Right now they have it pointed showing snowmaking on Snowshed but it has moved slightly and is also showing Snowden and K peaks.

SIKSKIER

Well that was a first,I was just viewing the Superstar and somebody was moving all over,zooming all around in and out.Had a close look at many different areas.Great cam.

VTKilarney

I'm at Logan airport in the international arrivals area and ran into the Norwegian ski team's equipment. Four very Norwegian looking ladies of competitive skiing age are sitting near the gear. These are just two of several carts.

7a90c73796632c63ac2f521d52e7b59b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VTKilarney

I chatted with them for a few seconds. They are indeed racing at Killington. We talked about the snow making effort and how close it was. I wished them good luck and was on my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tumbler

You would think with the way airlines handle luggage they would have the hard cases for their skis. Kinda important to them...My hard case got the snot beat out of it on a direct flight.

VTKilarney

You would think with the way airlines handle luggage they would have the hard cases for their skis. Kinda important to them...My hard case got the snot beat out of it on a direct flight.

I was surprised too. On an unrelated note, the luggage had priority tags, which suggests that they fly business class.