Ikon Pass

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ikon Pass

Ikon Pass

Ikon now includes Solitude and Brighton with three more days of "announcements" to come.

For the Ikon Base Pass Solitude is unlimited days with blackout dates and Brighton is 5 days with blackouts.

Hoping they announce more eastern resorts...Pico would really make sense.

2017/2018

The pass wars seem to be heating up. Ikon is adding more resorts and I've been seeing a lot of advertisements on TV for the EPIC pass.

There's a graphic on the Ikon Pass instagram account that suggests they will be adding more resorts to the Ikon pass this week. I'm hoping for some more northeast hills too. Come on Wachusett!

On liftblog.com they speculate the other additions will be from the mountains on the Mountain Collective or the ex-MAX Pass resorts, so Wawa is a possible addition, but probably a long shot.

I am expecting Wyndham to Jump on Ikon or Epic.

Now they added Taos: https://www.alterramtnco.com/news/20...y-announcement

Looks like a data leak is showing that they may add the remaining four Boyne resorts tomorrow.

That would leave one more mystery place to be announced on Thursday. Judging from the size of the box in the reveal image, it would be a fairly big resort.

That Ikon pass is really locking up the Wasatch, ex-Vail.

Unlimited Solitude + 5 days each at Brighton, Alta/Snowbird, and even Deer Valley, for $699 sounds pretty tough to beat. I'm beginning to wonder if Vail has somewhat dropped-the-ball on their local strategies in lieu of such focus on bringing people from afar to Vail resorts.

Solitude / Deer Valley - Altera
    Park City / Canyons - Vail
    Brighton - Boyne
    Alta - private
    Snowbird - private (1 majority owner)
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by speden View Post
    Now they added Taos: https://www.alterramtnco.com/news/20...y-announcement

Looks like a data leak is showing that they may add the remaining four Boyne resorts tomorrow.

That would leave one more mystery place to be announced on Thursday. Judging from the size of the box in the reveal image, it would be a fairly big resort.
    Snowbasin is big and a MC resort.

Still at a loss why Pico isn't interchangeable with Killington. Pico will be absolutely empty this year with the loss of MAX visitors.
    2017/2018

I'm glad to see Alterra continuing to add and enhance the Ikon pass but I admit I'm still disappointed in their eastern offerings. Of the Ikon east resorts I'm only a fan of Sugarbush. I've never been to Sugarloaf but it's too far to be anything but a weekend trip for me. Loon's too crowded and Sunday River is too groomed.

I'm booked for Jackson Hole in February so I'm going to pick up the base pass and use it for Sugarbush here in the east. Maybe I'll go to Killington for the first time in 30 years.

I am not surprised that Solitude is unlimited. It is Alterra's other resort in Utah (the other one being Deer Valley). They had no Alterra resort in Utah that was an unlimited option on the Ikon Pass and having Solitude now gives them that market. Deer Valley will never be an unlimited option on the Ikon pass. Like Aspen, it is the premium brand that deserves a premium price.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
    I'm glad to see Alterra continuing to add and enhance the Ikon pass but I admit I'm still disappointed in their eastern offerings. Of the Ikon east resorts I'm only a fan of Sugarbush. I've never been to Sugarloaf but it's too far to be anything but a weekend trip for me. Loon's too crowded and Sunday River is too groomed.

I'm booked for Jackson Hole in February so I'm going to pick up the base pass and use it for Sugarbush here in the east. Maybe I'll go to Killington for the first time in 30 years.
    I was really hoping the 4 resorts added as a group were going to be the NY mountains (I mostly just want Whiteface/Gore). I'd absolutely love for the last big resort to be added be an eastern resort, but I just don't see Alterra making such a big deal out of an eastern addition. Only big places that I could possibly imagine being added back east are Jay, Smuggs, or Cannon. All three of those are extremely unlikely too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    I was really hoping the 4 resorts added as a group were going to be the NY mountains (I mostly just want Whiteface/Gore). I'd absolutely love for the last big resort to be added be an eastern resort, but I just don't see Alterra making such a big deal out of an eastern addition. Only big places that I could possibly imagine being added back east are Jay, Smuggs, or Cannon. All three of those are extremely unlikely too.
    Well, I'm sure you've seen me over on Pugski hoping and praying they add Jay, even if it isn't until next year. Jay seems to check most of the Alterra boxes. It's a destination resort, it's "Ikonic", it will get the Montreal crowd and the weekend Boston crowd.

It won't happen but can you imagine if Alterra snuck in there and added/bought Smuggs?! You KNOW Vail would love to have Smuggs under their control and if Alterra took it out from under them....

Thread Information