• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River Planned opening day Monday Oct 19th

Puck it

Forecast at 3556' for Kton.

Friday Night​
A chance of rain and snow showers before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday​
Snow showers likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 33. Windy, with a west wind 29 to 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday Night​
A 40 percent chance of snow showers before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Very windy, with a northwest wind 32 to 40 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.

Sunday​
Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Windy, with a northwest wind 23 to 30 mph.

Sunday Night​
Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. Windy, with a northwest wind 26 to 28 mph.

Monday​
Sunny, with a high near 29. Windy, with a northwest wind 25 to 30 mph decreasing to 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon.

Monday Night​
Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph after midnight.

Tuesday​
Partly sunny, with a high near 47. Windy, with a west wind 32 to 36 mph.

Tuesday Night​
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Windy, with a southwest wind 34 to 39 mph.

Wednesday​
Calm wind.

wa-loaf

The wind is going to make it tough to keep any bit of snow they make on the trails.

Tin

Whatever SR makes will be gone quick with little window to refresh. Mid 50s in the middle-end of the week.

WWF-VT

Also got the email:

The day you’ve been waiting for since May 2 is here: Opening Day of the 2015-16 winter season is planned for Monday, October 19.
Every year we promise to open as early as we can. With a few days of cold weather on the horizon our snowmaking team thinks they can pull it off by Monday. All plans will depend on weather and snow conditions so make sure to check the Mountain Report for updates over the next few days, but our planned schedule will be to open for the day on Monday then move to our regular early-season lift operations of weekends-only until mid-November.

"snowmaking team thinks they can pull it off by Monday" is the caveat.....

chuckstah

I plan on arriving around noon. Should be some decent bumps (and grass and rocks) by then if it's anything like opening day last year, also a Monday. This will be more than 2 weeks earlier though!

slatham

It's October, let's be psyched. Doesn't matter if they stay open, it matters if they open!

yeggous

I just started a new job last week. I guess we're going to be testing their flexible work arrangements a little earlier than planned.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

Wait for it .... The complaints by Killington skiers that technically they are not open because they will not be able to sustain it until they are open every day.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

chuckstah

I just saw the anticipated opening on local news (NH) , showing earlier snowmaking. The marketing will spiral exponentially if they pull off the early opening. Can't buy better advertising!