• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Opening at NOON on SUNDAY October 18th!

ScottySkis

Whoever opens first wins. End of story.

(420
What crazy snowmaking weather in few days and now in Shawgunk mountain range where I live enjoying Mary and good tunes John the Legend Album why gone to soon. In sweets and long sleves shirt outside and about to change to t shirt because I warm.

dlague

Disagree. The race is for the first to open. Not the first to announce their opening.

Would Killington have opened this weekend? Killington was opportunistic and stole SR lunch money - bullies!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
Would Killington have opened this weekend? Killington was opportunistic and stole SR lunch money - bullies!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

How do you know one way or the other?

Is Woodbury a "bully" if they open Sunday morning before K?

Rogman

I fully expect Sunday River to pull a sneak attack and open at 10 AM on Sunday to beat Killington.
Of course, Killington is well aware of this strategy, and will open at 8AM Sunday.
However, Killington, not wanting to be outfoxed, has already predicted this and will actually open at 6AM. In the dark.
Fortunately, for Sunday River fanboys, they are, as I write, installing lights so they can open at 4AM Sunday.
To top that, the ever resourceful Mike Solimano, has instructed Jeff Temple to line the trail with Snow Cats, lights on. Expect a 2 AM opening. So, if you want first chair, the prudent thing to do is get in line now. Behind me.

Vortex

I fully expect Sunday River to pull a sneak attack and open at 10 AM on Sunday to beat Killington.
Of course, Killington is well aware of this strategy, and will open at 8AM Sunday.
However, Killington, not wanting to be outfoxed, has already predicted this and will actually open at 6AM. In the dark.
Fortunately, for Sunday River fanboys, they are, as I write, installing lights so they can open at 4AM Sunday.
To top that, the ever resourceful Mike Solimano, has instructed Jeff Temple to line the trail with Snow Cats, lights on. Expect a 2 AM opening. So, if you want first chair, the prudent thing to do is get in line now. Behind me.

Very funny post. Quite a bit of truth hidden in there. We all win.

dlague

i fully expect sunday river to pull a sneak attack and open at 10 am on sunday to beat killington.
Of course, killington is well aware of this strategy, and will open at 8am sunday.
However, killington, not wanting to be outfoxed, has already predicted this and will actually open at 6am. In the dark.
Fortunately, for sunday river fanboys, they are, as i write, installing lights so they can open at 4am sunday.
To top that, the ever resourceful mike solimano, has instructed jeff temple to line the trail with snow cats, lights on. Expect a 2 am opening. So, if you want first chair, the prudent thing to do is get in line now. Behind me.

lol

fbrissette

Good one !

whalebackmtn

If you like skiing at Killington...Buy a Season pass to Whaleback Mountain at 25% off until Oct 25th and you will get 50% lift tickets at Killington!!!! DON'T MISS OUT!!!!

Whaleback Mountain 25% Off Pass Sale Last Week

Skiers and riders and those who want to learn, don’t miss out on Whaleback Mountain’s Passapalooza. Regular Season Passes are 25% off. Amazing benefits at Killington Resort, Mount Sunapee, and Golf & Ski Warehouse. Nordica skis giveaway & more! 3rd graders passes $30. Military passes $99. Visit www.whaleback.com. Whaleback is a nonprofit, community-supported mountain.