• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016 AZ Summit?

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
If you attend the AZ Summit and have concerns abt getting home in time then I highly recommend taking advantage of the 1st Tracks perk that Nick and crew offer.
You can get 5 runs off the SQ (good amt of vertical) in the 1st hour before lifts open to general public.

Loaf is so big that you can bag a serious amt of vertical in a 1/2 day up there and be satisfied.

1+
Kind of reminded me of an Easter egg hunt , 2-3'' Freshies with everyone skiing top to bottom non stop, everyone looking for untracked . I think it was -5 , + 40-50 mph self inflicted wind chill I only lasted 2hrs. Super light snow left a cloud hanging behind every turn.
Left at 11 AM made it home at 11PM .....Was going to stay near Boston Sunday Night ,but I've done the Mass Pike before in rush hour snow ," Never" again so I just kept going, not much traffic. Oldies stations and mellow thoughts of the weekend made the trip easier.

Tin

What amazed me about SL were how many "wooded" areas could be skied off the Spillway. Essentially any area between the trails off the Spillway could be skied and had a ton of blow-in from snowmaking. I believe these were Stump Shot and Blade Glade.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• E blade glade.jpg
    E blade glade.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 366
  • sl woods.jpg
    sl woods.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 367

catsup948

What amazed me about SL were how many "wooded" areas could be skied off the Spillway. Essentially any area between the trails off the Spillway could be skied and had a ton of blow-in from snowmaking. I believe these were Stump Shot and Blade Glade.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I explored a lot of the gladed areas off of spillway lift at last seasons summit. I was amazed at how empty the glades were. Everyone was likely lapping brackett off the king pine chair. Branding Axe glade was very steep and tight as I remember.

skiMEbike

I explored a lot of the gladed areas off of spillway lift at last seasons summit. I was amazed at how empty the glades were. Everyone was likely lapping brackett off the king pine chair. Branding Axe glade was very steep and tight as I remember.

One of the indirect benefits of having Bracket basin: Keeps the front face glades fresh!! Personally, I am not a big fan of the far reaches of Bracket due to the time/traversing/hiking required to get there & back...IMO not worth the effort.

wa-loaf

One of the indirect benefits of having Bracket basin: Keeps the front face glades fresh!! Personally, I am not a big fan of the far reaches of Bracket due to the time/traversing/hiking required to get there & back...IMO not worth the effort.

That reminds me of this video from last year:

ScottySkis

Wow. 50 pepole at 50 bucks a pop would be sweet!!

For Platty that price is just few dollars less then the regular price. You definitelyive Platty just like magic less vertical but steep the 1ⁿ000 feet. No flats in left side .we need to make it happen all in to is here I just not the person to due I spoken to reps from Platty their OK with it.i just good person for talking on phone so maybe someone fre here could call and get it done.