• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 10/19/15, Who's In?

Cornhead

What the Hell, never skied in October before, might as well take advantage of the opportunity. Anyone else going to be there?

Cornhead

I am considering it.

Do it, bring a Sherpa, could be useful on the Stairway To Heaven. I'm thinking of booting up at the end of the stairway, the walk down isn't bad, but IIRC the hike up in ski boots sucks. Unfortunately I'm not getting any younger, or thinner.

mriceyman

Do it, bring a Sherpa, could be useful on the Stairway To Heaven. I'm thinking of booting up at the end of the stairway, the walk down isn't bad, but IIRC the hike up in ski boots sucks. Unfortunately I'm not getting any younger, or thinner.

Isnt the hike up like a right of passage to ski in october??? I think it builds the stoke .. But i can see as the years go by it could be a deterrent

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

powhunter

I'll be up with johnniepoach. Bring a small pack with some sneakers and beer Makes the climb back out a bit easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornhead

Yeah, last year I packed a lunch and left it in the lodge, it became dinner, as I wasn't about to go back down during the day. I am old, and fat, with many bad parts.

Cornhead

I'm tempted to bag a day for tomorrow too...

Not an express card holder though so $49 is a little steep

2 for 1 vouchers from K bring it to $24.50. Powhunter, check ur PM's, sent you my # if you'd like to share some turns.

Last edited:

Glade Runner

Yea who pays full price? I got enough bogo's to last until Dec 13. I'll be there. Taking the beater skis. I might want to head off trail.

Cornhead

Taking the beater skis. I might want to head off trail.

He's serious, he was going to drive to Sunday River if K didn't open. It is a 15 hr round trip, and I thought I'm nuts. Hey, maybe you can ski the stairway.

mishka

sitting home and all day asking myself.... Why I'm not at Killington today:cry: worst part is I can't go on next week