• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

And then there were three...

yeggous

And then there were 4.Loveland opens up thursday the 29th for the wests first area.

At the same time as New England is having a meltdown. Sunday River has been conservative running their guns over the last week. They are holding out for long windows. Their latest snow report says they are waiting for an extended cold snap late this week. I don't know what they are smoking, but I want some.

Savemeasammy

At the same time as New England is having a meltdown. Sunday River has been conservative running their guns over the last week. They are holding out for long windows. Their latest snow report says they are waiting for an extended cold snap late this week. I don't know what they are smoking, but I want some.

Is there any hope for next week?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

Is there any hope for next week?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

It's supposed to cool down in Maine at least towards the end of the week with snowmaking temps Thursday through Saturday. So right now there appears to be hope.

deadheadskier

Staff member
They could probably be making snow up on T2 tonight if they wanted to no? Supposed to be high 20s at the base of the mountain.

Jully

They could probably be making snow up on T2 tonight if they wanted to no? Supposed to be high 20s at the base of the mountain.

Yes, it's cold right now, but they have said they wanted an extended window before running the guns again. This current cold snap isn't as long as the end of the week's (hopefully) will be. Wednesday is supposed to be warm and I've seen some rain potentially forecast.

Rogman

Killington made snow last night.
RoHWHON.jpg

yeggous

They probably saw the forecast and realized that was going to be one of their few opportunities to try to stay above water.

slatham

Anyone waiting for an "extended" snowmaking window - lets call it 72 hours of 28 or below - will be waiting for a long time........

mriceyman

Anyone waiting for an "extended" snowmaking window - lets call it 72 hours of 28 or below - will be waiting for a long time........

Ya its going to be ahwile

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone