• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many days so far? (2015-2016 season)

JohnL

1 at Jiminy, 5 in CO. (Did get two 1 ft pow days out west.)

Knee is barkin today, so passed up a day trip to Canaan Valley in WV. Last winter day for a while, unfortunately.

JimG.

Staff member
At 7 after a surprisingly good day at Belleayre yesterday.

Thinking Mt. Snow tomorrow and K on Wednesday.

chuckstah

Finally hit double digits at 10. I was at 24 last year at this point. Not good!

Dickc

I hit 12 on Sunday. Probably going to be January 2 before I get more. Close to my nomal, but I usually get a few during Christmas that I will not this year.

yeggous

9 days now with 132k vertical feet

Only 14.6k vert per day? That's rough. I'm probably not much better right now. That speaks volumes to the limited patience that comes with limited terrain.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

Only 14.6k vert per day? That's rough. I'm probably not much better right now. That speaks volumes to the limited patience that comes with limited terrain.

Somedays it wasn't the sheer "boredom" of only really having the same 2 options to rack up my vertical as much as it was just having a limited amount of time on the hill before I had other responsibilities to attend too!

My "smallest" day was 2 runs and 3.2k vertical feet (only had less than 45 minutes to ski that day) and my "biggest" day to date has been just over 27k vertical feet with a mind numbing 17 runs on the same trail - that one took a ton of mental effort as opposed to physical effort to keep logging laps!!

We NEED some sustained cold and snow ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member

That's why I was hoping the Cat would at least go for Upper Catapult with this last snowmaking window. I understand why they opted to not expand terrain, but it makes me a bit less excited to head up there Thursday.

mbedle

ZERO - My grass is still growing down here in PA. Heading to Stowe tomorrow for the week, legs are going to be real sore this Sunday night...

Cornhead

Day 6 should be tomorrow, LES machine is dumping on Snow Ridge, could be up to 2'. Greek is finally opening something besides the bunny hill Sunday afternoon. I'll be watching football. Maybe I'll pick up my pass on the way home tomorrow. Who knows, might be of use eventually.

chuckstah

12 today. Right on pace I guess, but quality is much worse than the last couple years.