• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What would be you worst fear?

dlague

This guys accidentally skis off a cliff after flowing someone else's tracks. Know your terrain!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
This guys accidentally skis off a cliff after flowing someone else's tracks. Know your terrain!

http://youtu.be/sK50Q4dkbQk

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Some scary stuff !, more like 300' not a thousand . still high enough to kill yourself. Some terrain trap that is! Needs more information about the area ,did he climb up and ski out of bounds ? Wonder if an Avvy Bag would help in that scenario ?

I did something stupid like that at Sunshine village and it turned out to be a 30 footer, scary enough when the ground disappears from beneath.

Turned down Chute variation at Tucks after hiking up Left gully ,thought I was in the chute , Luckily didn't go too far before discovering my error.
Hike where you ski is a good motto but if I don't follow that advice next time I'll snap a cell phone picture for reference before the hike.

Worst fear is getting taken out by someone from behind.
West Coast different set of issues

Tin

Yes, other skiers scare me more than anything else. The high speed out of control folks on the simplest of terrain scare me more than any in bounds East Coast terrain.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
The height is in correct for sure!

T
his seems to be the other fear?

Watched a buddy get creamed from behind , saw it coming from a distance . I had to make a quick decision , Yell lookout so he can brace or let him get hit unknowingly.
I thought about how Drunk drivers seem to walk away from accidents that are severe due the fact they are not tense, So I just kept quiet and hoped for the best . He was hurting for sure but was able to ski the rest of the day .

Domeskier

Getting assaulted by Angry Ski Dad after I take out his kid in an uncontrollable slide down Satan's Staircase.

yeggous

My worst fear is "honey, I'm pregnant."

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

steamboat1

Hitting a tree! Always something I keep in the back of my mind when carving at a good speed.

Been there done that. Thankfully I wasn't going fast at the time. Takes a split second. Still got hurt pretty bad, couple of broken ribs & broke both wrists. Still have a lump on my ribs to remind me.

Last edited:

yeggous

I've never gotten nailed that good, but I did get the wind knocked out of me when I was hit.

deadheadskier

Staff member
My folks retired to Florida. Unless you're a golf nut like them, I just don't see the appeal to live there permanently.

I'd rather a place with more character and culture like Savannah if I were ever to move South. Hope it never happens though