• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lost Valley Ski Area (Auburn, ME) Sold

dlague

Not sure if any of you ever skied there but on our way back from Saddleback last year we had bagged skiing Saddleback and decided to head home early. On our way, my wife secretly wanted to see if we could stop at one of Maine's smaller slopes. As we got closer to Auburn, we were getting hungry and rather than giving me directions to a restaurant, she gave me directions to Lost Valley. We noticed that it definitely was a small ski areas but in many respect very quaint. We bought a 2 hour lift ticket and ate afterwards. While we were there, we felt a little out of place because everyone was sticking to the trails while we were zipping in and out of the trees and even ducked a rope or two. Not a big deal by any stretch of the imagination. There were lots of beginners to say the least. Nonetheless we had some fun.

So today, I was reading this story about them being sold and how they had been struggling. This was a bit surprising since it was fairly busy the day we were there. Glad to see that someone is trying to keep the place alive.

http://www.wmtw.com/money/lost-valley-ski-area-to-be-sold/36217264

Mapnut

Nice that they can open by December 18. I sometimes forget that that's full winter in central Maine.