• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

"Peak Above The Nubble" 2-11-07. HIGHLY underrated view!

MarcHowes

Website
www.hoosactunnel.net
Date(s) Hiked: 2-11-07

Trails(s) Hiked: Logging roads, Bushwhack

Total Distance: ~5

Difficulty: Very difficult

Conditions: Snowy, Sprucey

Special Required Equipment: Snowshoes

Trip Report:

Anyone thinking of doing this mountain soon should do it before the next snow fall! We packed down a nice easy to follow (except maybe through the spruce mess which wasn’t that much) path! It’s practically a super highway! (just park behind 7 dwarves and follow my map directions).

Yellow Dog (Jeff), and donna joined me on this hike, and what a hike it was! It was an excellent day with absolutely awesome views. I will decree that PAtN has one of the most underrated views in the Whites. I was not expecting such a great view from a bushwhack! This whack had a lot of steep sections, but the heavy spruce wasn’t too bad (there were virtually no blow downs in the spruce which makes it a lot easier).

Please note: the summit canister is on a blown down tree. Its tilted around 45 degrees so its not on the ground yet. Also, if you climb it on a foggy day there is a false summit and a real summit. Make sure you get the real one :).

LOTS OF GOOD PICS and a more full TR here: http://hoosactunnel.net/nonhoosac/NH/PAtN070211/

P2110142_t.jpg

Last edited: