• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Trail Names in New England?!

cdskier

never been to sugar bush, but always like the sound of Middle Earth.

Someone at some point in the area had a LOTR obsession way back. Middle Earth, Castle Rock, Troll Road...then there's "Hobbit Hill Road" as a road name in the area.

Scruffy

Gunsight @ Alta

Or, Gunsight's sister chute, Eddie's High Nowhere.

eddies.jpg

Rushski

Have heard from a reliable source there is an unofficial glade that goes by "Obvious" at Cannon.

j law

I grew up skiing at Holiday Valley in WNY and loved The Wall bc it was legit steep. Also liked Barkeater which was a trail in the glades.

As an adult, I never bother to learn trail names anymore so this thread was a good read.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZonemmmmmm🔤🔤🔤🔤🔤

Cornhead

I grew up skiing at Holiday Valley in WNY and loved The Wall bc it was legit steep. Also liked Barkeater which was a trail in the glades.

As an adult, I never bother to learn trail names anymore so this thread was a good read.

Bring a beacon, shovel, and probe when you ski The Wall, it's prone to avi's.;)

Attachments

• 1448969723247.jpg
    1448969723247.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 64

j law

That pic never gets old

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I love it too!

The wall also reminds me not to drink heavily and ski.

When I was in college my brother and I were sharing a Labatts ice every time up the lift one day. We made it over to The Wall and I tried to straight line it through the bumps from the top... Next thing I know I'm on the ground in a total yard sale (getting serious applause for the spectacular fall). I go to pick up my 200cm Dynastar Vertical and shriek in pain when I try to pick it up. Broken hand, ouch.

I don't drink and ski anymore!

Cornhead

I love it too!

The wall also reminds me not to drink heavily and ski.

When I was in college my brother and I were sharing a Labatts ice every time up the lift one day. We made it over to The Wall and I tried to straight line it through the bumps from the top... Next thing I know I'm on the ground in a total yard sale (getting serious applause for the spectacular fall). I go to pick up my 200cm Dynastar Vertical and shriek in pain when I try to pick it up. Broken hand, ouch.

I don't drink and ski anymore!

Ha, friends don't let friends ski drunk.;) Now stoned is another story entirely. Shit, skiing drunk makes driving drunk seem like a good idea.

j law

Ha, friends don't let friends ski drunk.;) Now stoned is another story entirely. Shit, skiing drunk makes driving drunk seem like a good idea.

Agreed on all fronts. Skiing high is amazing

Sent from my iPhone usin