• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is Alpinezone the Safe Space of internet ski forums?

gmcunni

I think AZ will keep chugging along as it always has.

i hope/think so, especially since the other big forums are heavily focused on western skiing, at least in my opinion.

we'll see what happens when the snow starts falling.

Highway Star

Nice! Already there. Epic will be a ghost town soon.

Don't count on it. I've seen other forums have a leadership coup, where someone goes off and creates new forum. In most cases, the original forum continues to be much larger if it had good branding to begin with. Only time the new forum takes over is if the old forum is closed or is massively changed for the worse.

yeggous

Don't count on it. I've seen other forums have a leadership coup, where someone goes off and creates new forum. In most cases, the original forum continues to be much larger if it had good branding to begin with. Only time the new forum takes over is if the old forum is closed or is massively changed for the worse.

How much time to you spend on forums? And how many? I am having a hard time imagining actually developing a broad perspective on this matter.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

wa-loaf

I think in most cases that is true, it's happened here ... But Phil and TC are pretty much their own brand and can pull a lot of people with them. Vail is the owner of Epic now so I'm sure it will continue to exist in some form or another.

Highway Star

How much time to you spend on forums? And how many? I am having a hard time imagining actually developing a broad perspective on this matter.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Long enough.

VTKilarney

I agree with Highway Star. These off-shoot creations generally don't take off.

snoseek

Tricia and Phil are incredibly social people. Also very tech knowledgeable. I see it working i think.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

crank

I like Phil and Tricia, have skied with them... will continue to feed my strange need to discuss skiing on Epicski and here and maybe even on pugski as well.

I do like that AZ is an active forum dedicated to eastern skiing.

Domeskier

The name is the worst part - pugski really? not a site you would just stumble upon.

True. I tried to find it on some internet search engine and got a bunch of hits for forums dedicated to the discussion and admiration of some unfortunate breed of homely dog.

A former AZ member banned 10 years ago. Hard to believe he's still carrying a grudge.

The lack of updates to the account name or avatar is a direct shot at Greg who sold AZ years ago.

Pretty scary.
So how many banned people have you let back under the new management ?

A former AZ member banned 10 years ago. Hard to believe he's still carrying a grudge.

The lack of updates to the account name or avatar is a direct shot at Greg who sold AZ years ago.

Pretty scary.
Hate takes no effort ..
pretty easy as a matter of fact ..

MMP

I'm not sure. Ask the guy who had the audacity to purchase some flags for magical mountain in the great state of Southern Vermont. If he ever comes out of hiding, that is.

They're going to get this squared away when mud season is over, I'm told.

Trekchick

I think AZ will keep chugging along as it always has. Hopefully Nick can focus more on the site this winter.
FWIW, AZ has always had a niche that I was once involved with because I lived in Michigan and traveled east to ski. I don't pop in as often as I used to but I have always felt comfortable with the members here and am happy that it keeps on keeping on.

I like Phil and Tricia, have skied with them... will continue to feed my strange need to discuss skiing on Epicski and here and maybe even on pugski as well.

I do like that AZ is an active forum dedicated to eastern skiing.
Hey Crank
attachment.php

Attachments

• 227299_12918130017_9994_n.jpg
    227299_12918130017_9994_n.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 116

crank

FWIW, AZ has always had a niche that I was once involved with because I lived in Michigan and traveled east to ski. I don't pop in as often as I used to but I have always felt comfortable with the members here and am happy that it keeps on keeping on.

Hey Crank
attachment.php

I resemble that remark!