• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Paris Attacks

wtcobb

If you had a bunch of grapes and knew only one was poisoned and there was no way of telling. Would you feed them to your child?

The issue here is "knew" - not an appropriate assessment of the situation. What's happened is that someone in the neighborhood seemingly had a poisoned grape. So now are we to suspect all grapes around the world - including the ones we already have in our fridge - of being poisoned?

Following that suspicion, we'll stop eating grapes that are already in our fridge - we'll stop eating grapes that were even grown in our yards that we know are not poisoned. Better throw out the jelly too. The fear against grapes grows into apprehension of anything even associated with grapes. Grape juice? Must be bad. Wine? Forget it. The color purple? Grape apologists are known to follow this color.

grapesnopermission.jpg

Raisins? Holy f*&k they're now able to last outside the fridge! Blueberries also grow in clusters - they seem untrustworthy, too. But wait - olives sort of look like grapes! Better stop the production and importation of olive oil and tapenade.

Soon our kids forget what a grape was even like - but they know it's bad. Grapes and berries and all things purple are now just something to be feared, without reason, simply on the premise of being somewhat seemingly kinda sorta related to a grape.

Puck it

The few refugees mentioned had been in the states for almost ten years or more and came from Bosnia or Kenya. All the other examples were "home-grown" U.S. extremists. Great headline click-bait.
Yes that is true but they were refugees at one point and some are home grown no denying it. The poison grape will come out of the bunch at some point.

Tin

I do not deny that. I wish people would actually analyze all this info instead of spreading the fear and panic.

Puck it

The issue here is "knew" - not an appropriate assessment of the situation. What's happened is that someone in the neighborhood seemingly had a poisoned grape. So now are we to suspect all grapes around the world - including the ones we already have in our fridge - of being poisoned?

Following that suspicion, we'll stop eating grapes that are already in our fridge - we'll stop eating grapes that were even grown in our yards that we know are not poisoned. Better throw out the jelly too. The fear against grapes grows into apprehension of anything even associated with grapes. Grape juice? Must be bad. Wine? Forget it. The color purple? Grape apologists are known to follow this color.

grapesnopermission.jpg

Raisins? Holy f*&k they're now able to last outside the fridge! Blueberries also grow in clusters - they seem untrustworthy, too. But wait - olives sort of look like grapes! Better stop the production and importation of olive oil and tapenade.

Soon our kids forget what a grape was even like - but they know it's bad. Grapes and berries and all things purple are now just something to be feared, without reason, simply on the premise of being somewhat seemingly kinda sorta related to a grape.
Now that is extremist!!!

Puck it

We are going to race down Candyland this year. You win, I get a "Don't tread on me" tat. I win, you get a "Lizzy 2020" tat.
OMG, I hope that does not happen. Nails on a chalkboard. Commander in Coat Sweater!!!!!!!!

Funky_Catskills

He's referring the the way Muslims pray on carpets while facing Mecca.

I have some sweet prayer rugs I bought in Dubai and Kashmir.

My brother got a bunch from a Souk in Saudi Arabia when he was there with the Military..
nice stuff... Awesome artwork..
Islam forbids images of people so the geometric designs are like next level shti...

Puck it

He's referring the the way Muslims pray on carpets while facing Mecca.

I have some sweet prayer rugs I bought in Dubai and Kashmir.

My brother got a bunch from a Souk in Saudi Arabia when he was there with the Military..
nice stuff... Awesome artwork..
Islam forbids images of people so the geometric designs are like next level shti...
It was a joke.