• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Paris Attacks

Puck it

My business partner had a saying "Put too many rats in a cage and they'll kill each other.
My greatest fear is Road rage , accidentally cutting off some hot head with a gun .

As far a Islamaphobia goes The Koran has some passages about killing Jews , so a fear I think is warranted.
I have other Muslim customers and have no problem with them , it's the young angry fundamentalists that worry me.

Sad indeed but it's Reality
I think you mean infidels.

bigbog

Another attack on a disarmed and defenseless public !

Yeah...multiple attacks, even if done on foot, can spread a police department enough to allow escape...if planned well enough.
Most governments, let alone police departments..and security organizations just aren't prepared.
EDIT:....I'll save the rambling...steamboat1 and I agree...(How do I know this:spin:....:lol:)...

Last edited:

freeski

Heavy bombers, carpet bomb Raqqah. Or... we could write them a letter and tell them they are being mean and we don't like it. Ask them to stop? Maybe enclose a gift certificate so they know we're serious.

Warp Daddy

Unfortunately my experience in dealing with middle eastern clients with similar rlifious persuasions leads me to believe that they employ NON- Aristotelian logic which utterly confuses almost all Western educated people .

Aristotle's logic usually expresses things in either or type of propositions whereas this is often NOT the case with religious zealotry in that part of the world . This renders cooperative negotiations both cumbersome and onerous and entirely futile inmy limited experience .

I learned this the hard way when contracting for managerial education for several wealthy and well educated grad students from that rgion that were already employed by firms in their homeland and were here for a special 6 week program .

there as no negotiating that was seen as a weakness , once i sensed this i shifted to a command and control type of authority that had specific consequences and expectations for behavior and performance or obstinancy .....THAT worked and the malcontents were shipped out of the country the next day and the rest of the group became exemplary . Not saying this applies in all cases but i have seen this more than once. My behavior with the group shifted from benevalent educator to MANAGER of expectations and that got their attention when we shipped the problem ourt of the country and notified their embassy and their employer of their nn compliance .

Sometimes you gotta flush the damn toilet !!!

Puck it

Unfortunately my experience in dealing with middle eastern clients with similar rlifious persuasions leads me to believe that they employ NON- Aristotelian logic which utterly confuses almost all Western educated people .

Aristotle's logic usually expresses things in either or type of propositions whereas this is often NOT the case with religious zealotry in that part of the world . This renders cooperative negotiations both cumbersome and onerous and entirely futile inmy limited experience .

I learned this the hard way when contracting for managerial education for several wealthy and well educated grad students from that rgion that were already employed by firms in their homeland and were here for a special 6 week program .

there as no negotiating that was seen as a weakness , once i sensed this i shifted to a command and control type of authority that had specific consequences and expectations for behavior and performance or obstinancy .....THAT worked and the malcontents were shipped out of the country the next day and the rest of the group became exemplary . Not saying this applies in all cases but i have seen this more than once. My behavior with the group shifted from benevalent educator to MANAGER of expectations and that got their attention when we shipped the problem ourt of the country and notified their embassy and their employer of their nn compliance .

Then can we bomb the shot out of them to get rid of them.

Warp Daddy

Then can we bomb the shot out of them to get rid of them.

The feeling i have is that action speaks louder than words,especially when dealing with intransigent zealots who employ the kind of logic which seemes to be a closed loop and non negotiable . It is a sorry state of affairs try time dated negotiation and diplomacy but with specific action oriented consequences that have impact if reasonable negotiation is thwarted . The situation can no longer be trifled with IMHO

Tin

Let's clump a billion people into your business dealings and "flush the toilet" with all of them right?

Why don't we do the same thing with any socially awkward white Christian kid with a bowl hair cut?

wa-loaf

I miss the days when all we had to worry about was nuclear annihilation.

bigbog

If we could draw up legislation to force-ship everyone in Washington over to Iraq and keep em' there for a few years+...
It would be entertaining as well as interesting to see what happens to our Gods from the Shining Hill....

Funky_Catskills

I did a deal with Saudi Telephone..
Was't that bad.. they liked me enough.

Met them at a conference in Vegas of all places. They didn't drink like the Saudis I met in Dubai.

After we talked in Vegas I had a web meeting/call with them - this like 7 years ago or so..

I encrypted the Arabic characters for Insha'Allah(god willing)..
They were amazed.. And asked if it was possible to un-encrypt - i said "Insha'Allah"... hahaha..
They laughed.. Was cool..

Thats my only business dealings with Arabs..